finch/chicago med secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruinkid

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what sort of things are you guys writing in the personal comments section?

Members don't see this ad.

what i did this summer and why i wanna go to their school

Why do so many people from California apply to Finch? Does it have a good reputation there, because i know a good percentage of the class there is from California

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by samyjay
Why do so many people from California apply to Finch? Does it have a good reputation there, because i know a good percentage of the class there is from California

i live about 30 mins from finch.. its not the best.

so many people from california apply to most lower tier schools, not just finch. it's really hard for us californians to get into state schools, so we have to apply to a lot of private schools since we can't count on getting in anywhere in cali.

seriously?

thats unfortunate.

Unfortunate is an understatement! (Still pushing for UCMSOM!) I'm very interested...what exactly are people writing for why they want to go to Finch? Have any of you been to Finch? This is one school where potential students are very fortunate on-site interviews are required. If you do interview, make sure to ask every student you encounter why they ended up there...

Originally posted by none
what exactly are people writing for why they want to go to Finch? Have any of you been to Finch? This is one school where potential students are very fortunate on-site interviews are required. If you do interview, make sure to ask every student you encounter why they ended up there...

example letter: i want to go to finch cause im so damn desperate and you know it, therefore you will charge me as much a humanly possible for my education.. and while I know that.. im still thankful.

That was pretty much all I could think of, but how does one translate that sentiment into a passable essay?

Originally posted by agent

i live about 30 mins from finch.. its not the best.

Hey agent, what distinguishes Finch as any worse than the other expensive med schools?

First off, at last glance...it's the most expensive. Some may have topped it by now, but it's got to still be near the very top. Second, the campus appears a great deal like a technical college. It's quite small. It's in a very poor area of Illinois and quite far from Chicago proper. The professors are generally unknown for either research, teaching, or their clinical prowess. They all seem to be there because it was the only place that offered them tenure. (Yes, I asked many of them why they were there and they all skirted the issue.) The school has no hospital of their own, so students get bounced from hospital to hospital (admittedly some students like this, I wouldn't). Finally, and really most importantly, the school is depressing. It was the only one I interviewed at where the tour-guides were openly unhappy and gave their only reason for going there that they didn't get in anywhere else.

Thanks, Agent! That was really enlightening! :eek:

Originally posted by none
First off, at last glance...it's the most expensive. Some may have topped it by now, but it's got to still be near the very top. Second, the campus appears a great deal like a technical college. It's quite small. It's in a very poor area of Illinois and quite far from Chicago proper. The professors are generally unknown for either research, teaching, or their clinical prowess. They all seem to be there because it was the only place that offered them tenure. (Yes, I asked many of them why they were there and they all skirted the issue.) The school has no hospital of their own, so students get bounced from hospital to hospital (admittedly some students like this, I wouldn't). Finally, and really most importantly, the school is depressing. It was the only one I interviewed at where the tour-guides were openly unhappy and gave their only reason for going there that they didn't get in anywhere else.

i heard they have a 2:1 male:female student ratio too :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Bikini Princess

i heard they have a 2:1 male:female student ratio too :D

Oy vay! :(

the school is depressing

i heard they have a 2:1 male:female student ratio

...and that they beat you mercilessly with a large broom upon arriving for orientation. No sir, it ain't the school for everyone...

yep that is all true.. even though i didnt respond.

wow, that is so depressing. :(

It should NOT be depressing! Finch is a fine school relative to the rest of the world and is even superior to some of the osteopathic colleges. If you get in there, you should be quite proud of yourself.

Then why don't the tour guides seem proud?

Would finch be at the bottom of all illinois schools, even with ccom and siu thrown in there?

i just got my finch secondary in the mail yesterday... y'all don't paint a pretty picture, but i will nevertheless be applying. and if i get in, i will go there with a smile on my face... even if i don't like it, it's only 4 years :D

Originally posted by Zurich5
Would finch be at the bottom of all illinois schools, even with ccom and siu thrown in there?

Thats hard to say. Personally I would go to SIU before finch and ccom, but i would probably go to ccom before finch cause its cheaper.

Personally unless I couldnt get into Loyola, UIC, or RUSH then I wouldnt apply, but then im an IL resident