Find a new job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kpw101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
keep your job. you need to earn a living. keep in mind that emt pay is not good. nor is the pay for any entry-level "healthcare" jobs.

I'm in the same boat, and I'm keeping my serving job. Just make sure you supplement it with clinical activities, shadowing, and/or research and you'll be okay (I hope)!

If you're looking for hospital jobs through job search sites, make sure you're BLS/CPR certified. You will have to eat an $85-88 cost through American Red Cross, but I've heard that many qualified applicants get auto-denied because they don't have an active license. I also suggest volunteering at locations where you're interested in working a clinical job and attempting to establish an impression that way. When you go on site to certain career websites, they will be very particular about which floor and which section you are applying for and being a proactive "embed volunteer" at that site will allow you to gain insight or an inside connection to job openings.