Resident [Any Field]
I like how their official group is called the aanp

Poor kid though, suffering because of their parent's stupidity

Terry Toma

2+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Geez. I usually think of naturopathy as being intended for preventative uses or "treatment" of minor ailments. If you want to spend money on an herbal tea that's supposed to get rid of your headaches or boost your midichlorians or whatever, that's one thing, but it's insane that these people are marketing their treatments as anything more than herbal supplements intended (but not proven) to improve general health.

Taking a kid to a naturopath for leukemia is like rushing a kid to the chiropractor after he's severed his spine in an accident. I doubt that even a chiro would recommend such a course of action.

Dr.Sticks

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Wow...
If all of this herbal nonsense actually worked people wouldn't have been getting severely ill with all sorts of ailments during the 20th century, 19th century, 18th, etc..
Of course NONE of it works! Modern medicine has been proven to work, and people still deny it..

Anyways I actually come across this attitude regarding doctors often.. Everybody is always talking about the evil doctor, how doctors are greedy, how they don't know anything.. It's kind of sad, people fly from all over the world to receive medical care here, and many citizens spit on it and insult those who work long hours providing such a service.

wjs010

7+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Wow...
If all of this herbal nonsense actually worked people wouldn't have been getting severely ill with all sorts of ailments during the 20th century, 19th century, 18th, etc..
Of course NONE of it works! Modern medicine has been proven to work, and people still deny it..

Anyways I actually come across this attitude regarding doctors often.. Everybody is always talking about the evil doctor, how doctors are greedy, how they don't know anything.. It's kind of sad, people fly from all over the world to receive medical care here, and many citizens spit on it and insult those who work long hours providing such a service.
It's the same thing with the hippies who don't believe in vaccines. It is now a first world problem. So sad, the stupidity of some people

W19

Membership Revoked
Removed
Removed
Account on Hold
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2014
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Why would some states allow these people to hold a license as if they are real healthcare professionals...

Last edited:

ACSurgeon

Acute Care Surgeon
10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
This is part of why our country is great: the right to make stupid decisions. And the right for anyone to have kids.

DrEnderW

5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2012
Rishi Maze
Status
Resident [Any Field]
If you want to spend money on an herbal tea that's supposed to get rid of your headaches or boost your midichlorians or whatever,
Let's please try to keep verifiable medical and scientific facts that existed in a galaxy a long time ago far, far away and and current naturopathic pseudoscience separate.

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status
Medical Student
This is part of why our country is great: the right to make stupid decisions. And the right for anyone to have kids.
Greatness leads to decay then, like the tooth of an overindulgent child.

cbrons

Ratatoskr! *Roar*
10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2007
DEFEND MIDDLE LANE!
Status
Non-Student
Parents straight to jail.
"Naturopaths" who "treat" any type of cancer, straight to jail.
Media members who support naturopaths "treating" any type of cancer, straight to jail (North Korea style)

Do not pass go.

upload_2015-9-12_1-47-45.png

Reactions: zeppelinpage4

LabMonster

Clinically relevant.
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
West
Status
Attending Physician
So you're saying . . . massages, herbal meds, and juicing therapies don't cure cancer? ;)
For the most part, nothing "cures" cancer. It's a ****ty disease. Oncologists do not "cure" cancer, but I'm sure you're aware of stellar treatments which current oncologists have no idea of. Please, spread the word with your depth of knowledge in this venue.

Alternative medicine can offer comfort where "western" medicine fails.

There is no "cure" to cancer, and your cavalier reply reads idiotic and uninformed.

'

bashwell

5+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
For the most part, nothing "cures" cancer. It's a ****ty disease. Oncologists do not "cure" cancer, but I'm sure you're aware of stellar treatments which current oncologists have no idea of. Please, spread the word with your depth of knowledge in this venue.

Alternative medicine can offer comfort where "western" medicine fails.

There is no "cure" to cancer, and your cavalier reply reads idiotic and uninformed.
You obviously have a tin ear for sarcasm. As if my original comment was actually meant to be serious or factual. But don't let that stop you from tilting at windmills! ;)

Last edited:

LabMonster

Clinically relevant.
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
West
Status
Attending Physician
You obviously have a tin ear for sarcasm. As if my original comment was actually meant to be serious or factual. But don't let that stop you from tilting at windmills! ;)
I hate windmills. Always turning and such.