Finding cancer as a naturopath

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apoplexy__

Blood-and-thunder appearance
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.naturopathicdiaries.com/finding-cancer-as-a-young-naturopathic-doctor/

More preaching to the SDN choir of course, but I thought it was an interesting read.

tl;dr: Naturopath becomes disillusioned by naturopathy when seeing her colleagues manage cancer patients. Reflects on moral dissonance in future patient interactions.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I like how their official group is called the aanp

Poor kid though, suffering because of their parent's stupidity

Geez. I usually think of naturopathy as being intended for preventative uses or "treatment" of minor ailments. If you want to spend money on an herbal tea that's supposed to get rid of your headaches or boost your midichlorians or whatever, that's one thing, but it's insane that these people are marketing their treatments as anything more than herbal supplements intended (but not proven) to improve general health.

Taking a kid to a naturopath for leukemia is like rushing a kid to the chiropractor after he's severed his spine in an accident. I doubt that even a chiro would recommend such a course of action.

Reactions: 2 users
Wow...
If all of this herbal nonsense actually worked people wouldn't have been getting severely ill with all sorts of ailments during the 20th century, 19th century, 18th, etc..
Of course NONE of it works! Modern medicine has been proven to work, and people still deny it..

Anyways I actually come across this attitude regarding doctors often.. Everybody is always talking about the evil doctor, how doctors are greedy, how they don't know anything.. It's kind of sad, people fly from all over the world to receive medical care here, and many citizens spit on it and insult those who work long hours providing such a service.

A Naturopath looking for cancer? Tell them to look in the mirror.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow...
If all of this herbal nonsense actually worked people wouldn't have been getting severely ill with all sorts of ailments during the 20th century, 19th century, 18th, etc..
Of course NONE of it works! Modern medicine has been proven to work, and people still deny it..

Anyways I actually come across this attitude regarding doctors often.. Everybody is always talking about the evil doctor, how doctors are greedy, how they don't know anything.. It's kind of sad, people fly from all over the world to receive medical care here, and many citizens spit on it and insult those who work long hours providing such a service.
It's the same thing with the hippies who don't believe in vaccines. It is now a first world problem. So sad, the stupidity of some people

Why would some states allow these people to hold a license as if they are real healthcare professionals...

Last edited:
If you want to spend money on an herbal tea that's supposed to get rid of your headaches or boost your midichlorians or whatever,

Let's please try to keep verifiable medical and scientific facts that existed in a galaxy a long time ago far, far away and and current naturopathic pseudoscience separate.

This is part of why our country is great: the right to make stupid decisions. And the right for anyone to have kids.

Greatness leads to decay then, like the tooth of an overindulgent child.

Parents straight to jail.
"Naturopaths" who "treat" any type of cancer, straight to jail.
Media members who support naturopaths "treating" any type of cancer, straight to jail (North Korea style)

Do not pass go.

upload_2015-9-12_1-47-45.png

Reactions: 1 user
So you're saying . . . massages, herbal meds, and juicing therapies don't cure cancer? ;)

For the most part, nothing "cures" cancer. It's a ****ty disease. Oncologists do not "cure" cancer, but I'm sure you're aware of stellar treatments which current oncologists have no idea of. Please, spread the word with your depth of knowledge in this venue.

Alternative medicine can offer comfort where "western" medicine fails.

There is no "cure" to cancer, and your cavalier reply reads idiotic and uninformed.

'

For the most part, nothing "cures" cancer. It's a ****ty disease. Oncologists do not "cure" cancer, but I'm sure you're aware of stellar treatments which current oncologists have no idea of. Please, spread the word with your depth of knowledge in this venue.

Alternative medicine can offer comfort where "western" medicine fails.

There is no "cure" to cancer, and your cavalier reply reads idiotic and uninformed.
You obviously have a tin ear for sarcasm. As if my original comment was actually meant to be serious or factual. But don't let that stop you from tilting at windmills! ;)

Last edited:
You obviously have a tin ear for sarcasm. As if my original comment was actually meant to be serious or factual. But don't let that stop you from tilting at windmills! ;)
I hate windmills. Always turning and such.