Finding clinics that need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoBad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently looking for a clinic to volunteer at, but I'd rather be helping at a place that need the help and gets a lot of patients. Is there any way to find out if a place probably needs help?

Members don't see this ad.

Google...then call or email them. It's really just a matter of cold-calling unless you've got connections or a prehealth program that has connections. Same thing you'd do if you wanted a job somewhere.

Currently looking for a clinic to volunteer at, but I'd rather be helping at a place that need the help and gets a lot of patients. Is there any way to find out if a place probably needs help?

Try a variety of clinics, but the first place I would try is a low-income clinic. In general, they need help the most and will let you do the most.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try a variety of clinics, but the first place I would try is a low-income clinic. In general, they need help the most and will let you do the most.

This is true. I was assuming in my response, OP, that you were looking at free clinics already. If you've been contacting regular old doctor's offices, well, that'd probably be quite fruitless. I know at my dad's office, at most, you might get to watch a procedure or two. The actual volunteering would likely be filing (if he were able to offer you anything at all). In a regular doctor's office, they have paid staff (usually RMAs) who do the tech/nursing duties.

Yea, I'm looking for free clinics/low-income clinics to help at, but surprisingly, many don't accept volunteers.

Alternatively, are there any places that often need the help? I have a lot of free time right now to help around.