Finding Funding for Sexual Assault Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychedaboutpsych123

Psychologist
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a current psych phD student doing research on college sexual assault. I'm hoping to find funding for my research but I'm running into a lot of dead ends.

I was wondering if anyone knew organizations that provided funding for research on sexual assault, or if anyone had ideas for places to look.

Much appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

? Might help to provide at least a little more info about what you want to do and where you are running into dead ends. To my knowledge, literally all the major funding agencies would consider work on the topic...

I've applied to some of the major agencies but haven't had luck. I was hoping to find more sexual assault specific grants and funding I could apply for, with the thought that my research may be a better fit for an application like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Getting funding is hard. Getting funding from major agencies is harder. Getting funding without a track record as a grad student is going to be VERY hard. Realistically, how much money are you looking for / how much do you /NEED/ to conduct the study? What type of research are you doing - basic / applied? Is it focused on a local group?

Thank you for all of the suggestions! I appreciate it.

I'm not looking for massive funding, just something to be able to compensate my participants. I'm doing a qualitative study which means I don't have many participants.

Ahh, that is a bit different then.

APS student grant, APA dissertation awards, APF dissertation awards, your university may offer some internal mechanisms. I am traveling right now but can check a couple sources I pulled together as a student when I get back.

All are fairly miserable sums of money even as grad student grants go ($500-$2000), but sounds like that may be all you need!

Ahh, that is a bit different then.

APS student grant, APA dissertation awards, APF dissertation awards, your university may offer some internal mechanisms. I am traveling right now but can check a couple sources I pulled together as a student when I get back.

All are fairly miserable sums of money even as grad student grants go ($500-$2000), but sounds like that may be all you need!

That would be amazing. I appreciate that a lot! I don't need a lot, just enough to be able to appropriately compensate my participants, so something smaller would be perfect.