1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding out where you matched early?. Myth?

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by Loves_Chai, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Loves_Chai

Loves_Chai Member
    7+ Year Member

Is this true that you can find out where you matched early by looking at the ADT in ERAS? Supposedly the program who retrieves your profile last by early this afternoon is the one you have matched at. Supposedly you can do this by checking ADTS on myeras.aamc.org.

Rumor?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lurkerboy

lurkerboy exhalted mystic ruler
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    My understanding was that ADTS would not be updated during the scramble period. I remember reading that but I cannot find a reference for this info...

4. Global Disrobal

Global Disrobal Along for the ride
    Moderator Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This is what the e-mail from NRMP contained (I left out the rest of the text)

Applicant Document Tracking System (ADTS)
    Due to the extra load ADTS reports place on the ERAS
    database, ADTS will not be available on the
    first day of scramble.

Your idea sounds on target though considering that the directors found out at noon (EST) today who they had matched.

5. lurkerboy

lurkerboy exhalted mystic ruler
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    According to the nrmp, it was 2pm today. In most cases, I am sure that programs still have the copies of our apps that they printed out in the first place.

http://www.nrmp.org/res_match/special_part/inst_officials/match_results.html

6. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    One of the programs downloaded my info at 2:40 pm today. Let's see if I matched there.

Only tomorrow will tell us for sure!

7. prwunecom

prwunecom Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

seems like a crapshoot......i matched but no one has downloaded any of my stuff today....guess I'll just have to wait

8. ryanbeckworth

ryanbeckworth Member
    7+ Year Member

I hope you've got the right info.

I checked all of my top 10 picks. None took anything new for the past few months. Either this theory doesn't apply to me or I'm going to be pissed as hell tomorrow.

LOL

9. ryanbeckworth

ryanbeckworth Member
    7+ Year Member

I hope you've got the right info.

I checked all of my top 10 picks. None took anything new for the past few months. Either this theory doesn't apply to me or I'm going to be pissed as hell tomorrow.

LOL

10. Global Disrobal

Attending Physician
    thanks for the post. I stand corrected, I thought it was noon...

Good luck everyone!

11. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I updated stuff a while ago, and this program never downloaded the update until today.

Something tells me it isn't a reliable method. As I said before, only tomorrow will tell.

Best of luck everyone!

12. tofurious

tofurious Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I don't think this system is true for everyone. I only ranked one place, I matched, and the program did not download my documents today/yesterday.

13. garden666

garden666 Member
    7+ Year Member

I have tried for the past hour and I could not log on to the ADTS site. Anyboady has the same problem?:confused:

14. prwunecom

prwunecom Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

but as i said, i think it is a crapshoot....why would programs need to redownload stuff that they have had for months?

15. pathstudent

pathstudent Sound Kapital
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    well i just looked and the last one to download my new items did it today at 240 pm and it is one that i cancelled my interview at the day before by email and ofcourse i didn't rank them and i know they didn't rank me because i didn't interview there.

there might have been a horrible computer glitch! the match will have to be redone!

16. pez

pez Member
    7+ Year Member

I got a rejection letter from a program yesterday. I didn't scamble or anything. IS that strange or what? I guess the email got held up in their system for 4 months.

17. Kiki2004

Kiki2004 princessa!
    7+ Year Member

Forgive my ignorance, but how can you tell which program was the last one to download new items? I logged into ADTS but you would have to go through every single program to see the date. Is there a faster way to do this? Are you looking at the place where it shows the date and time of the documents retrieved and transmitted?

I looked at my top 10 choices, and so far the only activity was my Step 2 scores retrieved in January. I know this is a crapshoot, too, but I just couldn't help myself by checking ADTS. Hey, it gives me something to do to keep my mind off things from now until tomorrow! ;)

18. sanfilippo

sanfilippo El Gaucho Misterioso
    10+ Year Member

I have just gone through my ADTS on ERAS and reviewed the 8 categorical IM programs I had ranked to check the dates of the last Profile/USMLE Transcripts that had been uploaded. I have seen nothing past 12/2003. I don't think this is universally true.

-s.

19. Lumberg

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    No changes on my ADTS but get this: Tonite I get an email from my no. 3 choice with the subject line "PROGRAM NAME MICU call". Talk about sh!tt!ng bricks...but it only said that we were misinformed about q3 vs. q4 call schedules and wished us luck in the Match. Still.....

Good luck tomorrow!

"berg

20. Seaglass

Seaglass Quantum Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    'berg I got that one too, and I ranked them 12.

C

21. bobatea

bobatea Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Why would they email this info to you on the night before the match? Seems like ill-conceived timing, if you ask me....it would have been nice to know this before you ranked their program, too.

Re: ADTS rumor...I checked all my ranked programs for PMR and prelim programs, and had no programs upload anything since January 2004. Sooo....like others said, it's an interesting thought, but not accurate.

Besides, why would programs download files for applicants that they already have folders of info on? Unless they wanted to get the most updated info....in which case, why the rush to get it right away, this afternoon?

Best of luck to everyone in T minus 13 hours!

22. Lumberg

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    C -

Thanks for the reply, dude. Good luck tomorrow...maybe we'll be at Wake in few months!

'berg

23. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good

Attending Physician
    Definitely a myth... The program that downloaded my info yesterday? Not the one I matched with... and glad it wasn't. It was like #5 on my list! I did much better than that. :cool:

24. Global Disrobal

Attending Physician
    same here...my program never did either!

25. Kalel

Kalel Membership Revoked
    Removed

Yup, definitely a myth. I got all scared yesterday because I checked my top 5 programs and noticed that none of them had dl'ed my stuff recently. I didn't have the heart to check beyond that!:scared:

26. PsychNOS

PsychNOS Member
    7+ Year Member

This is a total myth. I checked ADTS the day before match. My number 2 (the only program to download my info) retrieved my info at 2:30, but I matched at my number one.