• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Loves_Chai

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
Visit site
Status
Is this true that you can find out where you matched early by looking at the ADT in ERAS? Supposedly the program who retrieves your profile last by early this afternoon is the one you have matched at. Supposedly you can do this by checking ADTS on myeras.aamc.org.

Rumor?

lurkerboy

exhalted mystic ruler
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
My understanding was that ADTS would not be updated during the scramble period. I remember reading that but I cannot find a reference for this info...

Global Disrobal

Along for the ride
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2002
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
This is what the e-mail from NRMP contained (I left out the rest of the text)

Applicant Document Tracking System (ADTS)
Due to the extra load ADTS reports place on the ERAS
database, ADTS will not be available on the
first day of scramble.

Your idea sounds on target though considering that the directors found out at noon (EST) today who they had matched.

About the Ads

lurkerboy

exhalted mystic ruler
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
According to the nrmp, it was 2pm today. In most cases, I am sure that programs still have the copies of our apps that they printed out in the first place.

http://www.nrmp.org/res_match/special_part/inst_officials/match_results.html

Originally posted by Global Disrobal
This is what the e-mail from NRMP contained (I left out the rest of the text)

Applicant Document Tracking System (ADTS)
Due to the extra load ADTS reports place on the ERAS
database, ADTS will not be available on the
first day of scramble.

Your idea sounds on target though considering that the directors found out at noon (EST) today who they had matched.

ryanbeckworth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2001
Visit site
Status
I hope you've got the right info.

I checked all of my top 10 picks. None took anything new for the past few months. Either this theory doesn't apply to me or I'm going to be pissed as hell tomorrow.

LOL

ryanbeckworth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2001
Visit site
Status
I hope you've got the right info.

I checked all of my top 10 picks. None took anything new for the past few months. Either this theory doesn't apply to me or I'm going to be pissed as hell tomorrow.

LOL

Global Disrobal

Along for the ride
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2002
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
thanks for the post. I stand corrected, I thought it was noon...

Good luck everyone!

southerndoc

life is good
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
Atlanta
Status
Attending Physician
I updated stuff a while ago, and this program never downloaded the update until today.

Something tells me it isn't a reliable method. As I said before, only tomorrow will tell.

Best of luck everyone!

tofurious

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2003
Atlanta
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I don't think this system is true for everyone. I only ranked one place, I matched, and the program did not download my documents today/yesterday.

garden666

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Status
I have tried for the past hour and I could not log on to the ADTS site. Anyboady has the same problem?:confused:

About the Ads

pathstudent

Sound Kapital
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
well i just looked and the last one to download my new items did it today at 240 pm and it is one that i cancelled my interview at the day before by email and ofcourse i didn't rank them and i know they didn't rank me because i didn't interview there.

there might have been a horrible computer glitch! the match will have to be redone!

pez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
Status
I got a rejection letter from a program yesterday. I didn't scamble or anything. IS that strange or what? I guess the email got held up in their system for 4 months.

Kiki2004

princessa!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2001
From Laker Land to Sin City
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by pathstudent
well i just looked and the last one to download my new items did it today at 240 pm and it is one that i cancelled my interview at the day before by email and ofcourse i didn't rank them and i know they didn't rank me because i didn't interview there.
Forgive my ignorance, but how can you tell which program was the last one to download new items? I logged into ADTS but you would have to go through every single program to see the date. Is there a faster way to do this? Are you looking at the place where it shows the date and time of the documents retrieved and transmitted?

I looked at my top 10 choices, and so far the only activity was my Step 2 scores retrieved in January. I know this is a crapshoot, too, but I just couldn't help myself by checking ADTS. Hey, it gives me something to do to keep my mind off things from now until tomorrow! ;)

sanfilippo

El Gaucho Misterioso
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2002
North Country
Visit site
Status
I have just gone through my ADTS on ERAS and reviewed the 8 categorical IM programs I had ranked to check the dates of the last Profile/USMLE Transcripts that had been uploaded. I have seen nothing past 12/2003. I don't think this is universally true.

-s.

Lumberg

15+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
No changes on my ADTS but get this: Tonite I get an email from my no. 3 choice with the subject line "PROGRAM NAME MICU call". Talk about sh!tt!ng bricks...but it only said that we were misinformed about q3 vs. q4 call schedules and wished us luck in the Match. Still.....

Good luck tomorrow!

"berg

bobatea

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
Status
Why would they email this info to you on the night before the match? Seems like ill-conceived timing, if you ask me....it would have been nice to know this before you ranked their program, too.

Re: ADTS rumor...I checked all my ranked programs for PMR and prelim programs, and had no programs upload anything since January 2004. Sooo....like others said, it's an interesting thought, but not accurate.

Besides, why would programs download files for applicants that they already have folders of info on? Unless they wanted to get the most updated info....in which case, why the rush to get it right away, this afternoon?

Best of luck to everyone in T minus 13 hours!

Lumberg

15+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
C -

Thanks for the reply, dude. Good luck tomorrow...maybe we'll be at Wake in few months!

'berg

southerndoc

life is good
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
Atlanta
Status
Attending Physician
Definitely a myth... The program that downloaded my info yesterday? Not the one I matched with... and glad it wasn't. It was like #5 on my list! I did much better than that. :cool:

Global Disrobal

Along for the ride
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2002
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
same here...my program never did either!

Kalel

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2004
Metropolis
Visit site
Status
Yup, definitely a myth. I got all scared yesterday because I checked my top 5 programs and noticed that none of them had dl'ed my stuff recently. I didn't have the heart to check beyond that!:scared:

PsychNOS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2003
Visit site
Status
This is a total myth. I checked ADTS the day before match. My number 2 (the only program to download my info) retrieved my info at 2:30, but I matched at my number one.

About the Ads