Finger Printing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinktooth

Paint my world...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I have heard about the new Fingerprinting rule in Us.
When Exactly is a visitor finger printed?
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi pinktooth

Well when u enter the us at the airport they have make u fill up couple of form , they ask u all the info about where u r going to live,the person address and #no u r going to stay with and take the fingerprints and some digital pics of u , IF u r a guy they at the end of ur visit u have to go back to immigration office on the airport and tell them in person that u r about to leave the country.
one of my friends just came to US and it took him 3hrs to go throug the immigration on the airport.

Hope it helps

Hmm...Free mein Photo???
psst.. I think they are trying to strike a multibillion deal with a Matrimony service...No wonder,they are going for digital snaps now:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Pinktooth, seriously speaking, This month onwards, the fingerprinting would be done at the Counsulate itself when you get the Visa...Atleast that's what has been told to me by some people who have applied..Also, to get the HB visa renewed, you have to return back to your country. It would not be done in the US

thanks Folks ... Were you fingerprinted Ajay?

Naah...The reason being that I haven't even applied for a US visa. I was too scared to apply for one..That's the reason why I opted for Toronto as the exam centre.

OOh ya Ajay..I am sorry I got confused..
hey you've got a nice sense of humour :D

hi pinktooth

when i came back from my vacation in india, all they did was take my fingerprints at the port of entry into the US. they dint take a snap of me. i think they were taking snaps of all the males and couples, but not of women traveling alone. go figure! it was very cool. nothing to worry about. they have all the stuff required for it at the desks that the immigration officials sit at itself, so there is no real delay either. customs was very cool too.

Thanks for the info toothmail,I was getting anxious as to where all will I be fingerprinted...