Dwade06

5+ Year Member
May 7, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
I finished TPR hyperlearning verbal and EK 101 verbal. Sadly I got a 7 on the verbal section and will do a re-take. Any advice for other verbal books I can use or how I can improve my verbal score. Reading journals or newspapers? Any general advice would be appreciated

Reactions: chancemd
Aug 21, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
7 is low with all that time put in. are you thoroughly reviewing what you got wrong and write after? How are you on time? I really try and stay away from going back to the passage and I rarely do unless their is a very specific question that requires it. With that being said I finish each passage in about 6-7 mins and I think its all because I don't go back. I miss about 1-2 a passage in the EK 101 and will take the first aamc practice this week. I will see how my verbal is then. Sorry.

ruedjgtc

5+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I finished TPR hyperlearning verbal and EK 101 verbal. Sadly I got a 7 on the verbal section and will do a re-take. Any advice for other verbal books I can use or how I can improve my verbal score. Reading journals or newspapers? Any general advice would be appreciated
When you took the EK verbal was your scaled score in line with the 7 you received? Also, when you took practice AAMC tests were you getting low scores even then?

If you were still getting low scores or didn't take a practice AAMC then you probably didn't get the most out of the material before finishing it. On the other hand, if you took AAMC practice tests and they were higher than your real test then you probably just had some text anxiety. So really it all hinges on did you take AAMC practice tests, getting to a predictable score with your tests, and did you maximize your study material before running through it.

Reactions: chancemd