1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Finished and SHOCKED 8/12

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by kleervision, Aug 13, 2011.

1. kleervision

Pre-Dental
    Jesus, I've been waiting forever to be able to write this.

Took it today (technically yesterday as I write this) and kind of shocked myself, I did not expect these scores....

Bio 21 (95.5)
    Gchem 29 (99.9)
    Ochem 28 (99.5)
    PAT 23 (96.2)
    Reading 23 (96.1)
    QR 21 (97.6)

TS 24 (99.7)
    AA 24 (99.9)

I AM SO HAPPY!!!!

Bio: I skimmed through Kaplan's review once.... then reviewed it using Alan's bio notes in the last two weeks. I also used the Schaum's book for things I had trouble with, like embryology and endocrinology and stuff like that. I used the destroyer for practice problems and datqvault's free 3 tests and all their section problems just to see as many random bio questions as I could. Also did kaplan's online crap for bio.. but most of the section tests were unnecessarily difficult..

Gchem: WTF? 29? All I did was chad's videos + destroyer 2-3 times. All. You. Need.

Ochem: ^same as above. chad = truth

PAT: I got a 20 on my kaplan diagnostic for this section, so I kind of just kept doing practice every now and then.. did 5 CDP tests in the 2-3 weeks leading up to the test. I was scoring 21 annoyingly consistently then ended up doing a little better on the test.

Reading: I was never too bad with this section, consistently got 22+ on practice tests and stuff so I didn't do much. Did one crackdat reading test a few days before my test just to make sure and I got like a 21 or something

QR: Holy crap, I got asked a ton of things I've never encountered in DAT math. They asked me the period of f(x) = sin 4pi + x and I had no clue what to do... I almost ran out of time on this section lol. Be prepared.. QR was my consistently highest score of all my subjects on every practice tests up till the real thing. I honestly thought I bombed it before I saw my scores.

All in all, I think Kaplan's practice tests are really challenging for some reason compared to the real thing. I never broke 21 on any science, ever, and never broke a 21 AA/20 TS/21 PAT. I didn't use topscore because I do not have windows, and so the only full length practice tests I had were the online Kaplan ones and the free 2007 ADA sample test. The biggest thing I can recommend to anyone is the DESTROYER, jesus christ this thing is rape for chem! Good luck to everyone else out there!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LetsGo2DSchool

Removed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Great job dude!

4. youknowthedrill

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
  5. Demps

Dental Student
    congratulations!

6. JOoa0ky

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Good job... but please do not disclose any specifics.

But what is this? like 10 people took the DAT on the same day?!

7. buckey

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Did you do math destroyer? and if so what were you scoring?

hah well approximately 10k people take the dat per year so thats around 30 a day, probably more concentrated june-september. gives you a glimpse into the amount that post there breakdown on this site

8. kleervision

Pre-Dental
    Nope I didn't sorry.... I didn't prepare for math at all besides just doing practice tests. It was mainly SAT math stuff + some stats and I thought I remembered enough from those days haha.. and I did one crackdat math test the day before my test

9. crew09

crew09 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    freaking murdered it. great scores.

Its so interesting how ppl do chads+destroyer 2-3x and scores range from 19-30.

10. Dyslexic

Pre-Dental
    Amazing job buddy!!! you totally nailed every section with a 95+ percentile for each of them. :) not to mention almost getting a 30 in two of them!