Finished and SHOCKED 8/12

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kleervision

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Jesus, I've been waiting forever to be able to write this.

Took it today (technically yesterday as I write this) and kind of shocked myself, I did not expect these scores....

Bio 21 (95.5)
Gchem 29 (99.9)
Ochem 28 (99.5)
PAT 23 (96.2)
Reading 23 (96.1)
QR 21 (97.6)

TS 24 (99.7)
AA 24 (99.9)

I AM SO HAPPY!!!!

Bio: I skimmed through Kaplan's review once.... then reviewed it using Alan's bio notes in the last two weeks. I also used the Schaum's book for things I had trouble with, like embryology and endocrinology and stuff like that. I used the destroyer for practice problems and datqvault's free 3 tests and all their section problems just to see as many random bio questions as I could. Also did kaplan's online crap for bio.. but most of the section tests were unnecessarily difficult..

Gchem: WTF? 29? All I did was chad's videos + destroyer 2-3 times. All. You. Need.

Ochem: ^same as above. chad = truth

PAT: I got a 20 on my kaplan diagnostic for this section, so I kind of just kept doing practice every now and then.. did 5 CDP tests in the 2-3 weeks leading up to the test. I was scoring 21 annoyingly consistently then ended up doing a little better on the test.

Reading: I was never too bad with this section, consistently got 22+ on practice tests and stuff so I didn't do much. Did one crackdat reading test a few days before my test just to make sure and I got like a 21 or something

QR: Holy crap, I got asked a ton of things I've never encountered in DAT math. They asked me the period of f(x) = sin 4pi + x and I had no clue what to do... I almost ran out of time on this section lol. Be prepared.. QR was my consistently highest score of all my subjects on every practice tests up till the real thing. I honestly thought I bombed it before I saw my scores.

All in all, I think Kaplan's practice tests are really challenging for some reason compared to the real thing. I never broke 21 on any science, ever, and never broke a 21 AA/20 TS/21 PAT. I didn't use topscore because I do not have windows, and so the only full length practice tests I had were the online Kaplan ones and the free 2007 ADA sample test. The biggest thing I can recommend to anyone is the DESTROYER, jesus christ this thing is rape for chem! Good luck to everyone else out there!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you do math destroyer? and if so what were you scoring?

But what is this? like 10 people took the DAT on the same day?!
hah well approximately 10k people take the dat per year so thats around 30 a day, probably more concentrated june-september. gives you a glimpse into the amount that post there breakdown on this site

Did you do math destroyer? and if so what were you scoring?

Nope I didn't sorry.... I didn't prepare for math at all besides just doing practice tests. It was mainly SAT math stuff + some stats and I thought I remembered enough from those days haha.. and I did one crackdat math test the day before my test

freaking murdered it. great scores.

Its so interesting how ppl do chads+destroyer 2-3x and scores range from 19-30.

Amazing job buddy!!! you totally nailed every section with a 95+ percentile for each of them. :) not to mention almost getting a 30 in two of them!