Finished Applications. 4.0 GPA + 32ish MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunny_With_Purpose

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have never used this site before, but as I have finished all of my secondaries I was wondering if I could please get some realistic feedback going into the interview season while waiting for interview invitations. Any feedback on my list? *I have already received 2 interviews as of August 12th.

FL Resident.

GPA: 4.00
MCAT: 32ish (I say -ish for confidentiality)
Extracurriculars:
200+ hours of shadowing
300+ hours clinical volunteering
1000+ hours non-clinical volunteering
200+ hours shadowing multiple specialties
1600+ hours medical research (Poster upcoming, looking forward to continuing).
Numerous leadership positions (I loved college and was passionate about the things that I decided to do).
Several other long-term extracurriculars (academic and non-academic) that I enjoyed.
Strong recommendations from professionals that know me very well. (7 total I believe)

Note: I recognize that I have 6 or so "reach" schools, and I applied already knowing that (you only apply once, hopefully!). I selected most schools based on my interests and their respective opportunities. I do not really want to add more schools at this point.

Completed Application List:
FIU
Miami
Georgetown
Emory
Upenn
UCF
Mayo
Temple
UNC
JHU
UF
Tulane
Harvard
WVU
USF
Duke
Louisville
EVMS
VCU
FSU
Wake
FAU
UAB

I hope I provided enough information while attempting to remain anonymous. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Harvard, JHU, U Penn, and UNC will be a donation.

I suggest:

U VM

Duke (maybe)

Case (maybe)

Mayo (maybe)

St. Louis

Albany

Albert Einstein

Rochester

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

Rosy Franklin

BU

MCW

Hofstra

NYMC

VCU

EVMS

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Temple

Drexel

Creighton

George Washington

Emory

USC/Keck

Tulane

Dartmouth

Loyola

Any new MD school. Skip Central MI and the three new FL schools. I can't recommend CNU.

ALL FL schools

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program, starting with Nova and LECOM-B

MCAT = 31 [509-510]

Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

Rosy Franklin
NYMC

MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any new MD school, except Hofstra and Central MI, FIU, FAU and UCF. I can't recommend CNU.

Any DO program.
Your state school.

Hi,

I have never used this site before, but as I have finished all of my secondaries I was wondering if I could please get some realistic feedback going into the interview season while waiting for interview invitations. Any feedback on my list? *I have already received 2 interviews as of August 12th.

FL Resident.

GPA: 4.00
MCAT: 32ish (I say -ish for confidentiality)
Extracurriculars:
200+ hours of shadowing
300+ hours clinical volunteering
1000+ hours non-clinical volunteering
200+ hours shadowing multiple specialties
1600+ hours medical research (Poster upcoming, looking forward to continuing).
Numerous leadership positions (I loved college and was passionate about the things that I decided to do).
Several other long-term extracurriculars (academic and non-academic) that I enjoyed.
Strong recommendations from professionals that know me very well. (7 total I believe)

Note: I recognize that I have 6 or so "reach" schools, and I applied already knowing that (you only apply once, hopefully!). I selected most schools based on my interests and their respective opportunities. I do not really want to add more schools at this point.

Completed Application List:
FIU
Miami
Georgetown
Emory
Upenn
UCF
Mayo
Temple
UNC
JHU
UF
Tulane
Harvard
WVU
USF
Duke
Louisville
EVMS
VCU
FSU
Wake
FAU
UAB

I hope I provided enough information while attempting to remain anonymous. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I suggest:

U VM

Duke (maybe)

Case (maybe)

Mayo (maybe)

St. Louis

Albany

Albert Einstein

Rochester

Rosy Franklin

BU

MCW

Hofstra

NYMC

VCU

EVMS

Wake Forest

Jefferson

Temple

Drexel

Creighton

George Washington

Emory

USC/Keck

Tulane

Dartmouth

Loyola

Any new MD school. Skip Central MI and the three new FL schools. I can't recommend CNU.

ALL FL schools

Any DO program, starting with Nova and LECOM-B

MCAT = 31 [509-510]

Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Rochester

Rosy Franklin
NYMC

MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola

Any new MD school, except Hofstra and Central MI, FIU, FAU and UCF. I can't recommend CNU.

Any DO program.
Your state school.

Thank you very much for the feedback! I appreciate it. Could you please share with me, why not FIU, FAU, and UCF? I actually already received an interview at one of those three.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a cut and paste thing. My error. The warning only applies to non-Floridians. Change it to Oakland B and Hofstra.

Thank you very much for the feedback! I appreciate it. Could you please share with me, why not FIU, FAU, and UCF? I actually already received an interview at one of those three.

Reactions: 1 user
Do not ****ing apply to DO. I swear I will castrate you. Leave that spot for me.

Reactions: 2 users
Also no Roalind Franklin, you're better than that

I suggest:

U VM

Duke (maybe)

Case (maybe)

Mayo (maybe)
Just curious, why do you suggest Duke but say that Harvard, JHU would be a donation? Duke's almost as competitive isn't it?