finished kaplan qbank and uworld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gonogo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished all kaplan qbank and uworld (including reviewing incorrect questions, etc...), and still have two weeks before the test. I'm about to start my two weeks final crunch. What would be more efficient, buy USMLERx and do 150 Qs/day + FA to review, or do BSS + FA? I own the 5 BSS books and early on I did some of their questions, but have at least two tests per book I haven't done. I just want to make sure I'm making the most out of these next two weeks, and I'm afraid BSS may not hit the high-yield material important to do good in the test (added to the fact that question style isn't like in the real thing, not to mention that the tests are in books and not computer, and you can't do random tests). Please advice, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there,

I wouldn't be of much help but yeah, I just wanted to wish you all the best :)

-Maya

Hi,

I did a lot of the BSS questions (CD version). I can recommend it. Right now I do UW. I can't see a big difference between the qbanks (I know UW is very stylish right now + original FRED). I learned a lot with BSS. Since they have almost 4000 questions (at least the CD has), I'd say you will find almost everything there + very good explanations (they dig deep into mechanisms, explain everything thoroughly). And with 2 more weeks you could easily make them all.
Never used USMLERX. Just heard that it's kinda 'easy'. BSS is not, I can assure you!

I haven't written my step yet (to finally proof that BSS does a good job) but I do very fine on UW. Thanks to FA and BSS I guess :rolleyes:

good luck, lt

Hi,

I did a lot of the BSS questions (CD version). I can recommend it. Right now I do UW. I can't see a big difference between the qbanks (I know UW is very stylish right now + original FRED). I learned a lot with BSS. Since they have almost 4000 questions (at least the CD has), I'd say you will find almost everything there + very good explanations (they dig deep into mechanisms, explain everything thoroughly). And with 2 more weeks you could easily make them all.
Never used USMLERX. Just heard that it's kinda 'easy'. BSS is not, I can assure you!

I haven't written my step yet (to finally proof that BSS does a good job) but I do very fine on UW. Thanks to FA and BSS I guess :rolleyes:

good luck, lt

I agree their explanations are good. But at this point I just want to review as much as possible all the material and that's why i'm not so sure if BSS would do any good for that. I'll try to make up my mind within the next two days. It's my final crunch.

Members don't see this ad :)
whats BSS?

and since you did both qbank and uworld, which did you prefer?

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR EXAM. looks like you studied a lot. youll do great im sure!!

whats BSS?

BSS = board simulator series

and since you did both qbank and uworld, which did you prefer?

I think both are good. On the other hand, they're very different. For example, I found path questions much more difficult in uworld than in qbank (way more), but anat, behav and micro questions much more difficult in qbank. However, keep in mind that i haven't taken the test yet, so i'd get advice from people who already took the test.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR EXAM. looks like you studied a lot. youll do great im sure!!

Thanks!!!

you're done with questions. review FA like mad. these two weeks are where you get your score.

you're done with questions. review FA like mad. these two weeks are where you get your score.

So you're basically saying it'd be much more efficient to just hit FA during the next 12 days than doing more questions?

I think my plan for the next 12 days will be to review FA, maybe do one more quick read of brs path (systems chapters), and will do questions from bss sporadically, just in those times when I feel tired of reading FA. Oh, and will do the NBME CD a week before the test. Does this sound like a good plan?

So you're basically saying it'd be much more efficient to just hit FA during the next 12 days than doing more questions?

I think my plan for the next 12 days will be to review FA, maybe do one more quick read of brs path (systems chapters), and will do questions from bss sporadically, just in those times when I feel tired of reading FA. Oh, and will do the NBME CD a week before the test. Does this sound like a good plan?

sound goods. good luck.