finished sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sciencegod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
guys I finished studying the gen chem an d ochem. I know it all cold. the bio I also know almost everyrhing. i don't think there's any way I could mess this thing up. i also have like another month to my test. i didn't start studying math or pat yet but im good at math. ill get cdp or something for the pat. the reading I think ill read the passage that they give me and answer the questions. whatd you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

WOW! you're ready to fire. Almost finished with 1 months left to go. Good job.

guys I finished studying the gen chem an d ochem. I know it all cold. the bio I also know almost everyrhing. i don't think there's any way I could mess this thing up. i also have like another month to my test. i didn't start studying math or pat yet but im good at math. ill get cdp or something for the pat. the reading I think ill read the passage that they give me and answer the questions. whatd you guys think?

pop quiz smarty: what's the angiotensin-renin pathway? explain what triggers it and what the steps are to lead to the ultimate outcome(s).

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, you haven't studied for PAT... You need to do that asap, 2-3 hours a day, different tests. It really requires a lot of practice to score good on the real thing. Main thing, don't overwhelm yourself during the last 2 weeks or so by doing 4 PAT tests a day of something.. that will do no good.

Dude, you haven't studied for PAT... You need to do that asap, 2-3 hours a day, different tests. It really requires a lot of practice to score good on the real thing. Main thing, don't overwhelm yourself during the last 2 weeks or so by doing 4 PAT tests a day of something.. that will do no good.

Nah...pat's nothing. its just shapes and stuff. I'm good at that.

It's not confusing at all. If you went over hormonal blood volume regulation, you'd have an idea of what it is...

It's not confusing at all. If you went over hormonal blood volume regulation, you'd have an idea of what it is...
i know bio like the back of my hand. but when a questuion is asked that doesn't make sence, I find it difficult to address it. besides, I don't have to lower myself to prove anyrhing to you. my knowlege speaks for itself. so wiill my scores.

lol. what is confusing about that question.

do you know what the renin-angiotensin pathway is?

Indeed, sciencegod is right about the "question is worded very funny".

are you asking about the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system? if so then the answer is aldosterone into the blood.
Here is the break down steps: The liver and justaglomerular release angiotensinogen and renin, respectively, into the blood. Renin break the angiotensinogen to angiotensin 1; then, the enzyme ACE from endothelial cell break angiotensin 1 to angiotensin 2; angiotensin 2 stimulate the posterior pituatary to release ADH and stimulate the adrenal cortex to release aldosterone; ADH increase the reabsorption of the water to minimize fluid loss, to maintain plasma volume and arterial pressure. Aldosterone incresing Na+ reabsorption there by increasing water reabsorption too.

I just want to check. If there is missing information then feel free to correct me or add.

Last edited:
i know bio like the back of my hand. but when a questuion is asked that doesn't make sence, I find it difficult to address it. besides, I don't have to lower myself to prove anyrhing to you. my knowlege speaks for itself. so wiill my scores.

Lowering yourself to me? I just affirmed the legitimacy of contach's question. We'll see who is the wiser once you take your DATs... until then, please don't start fights over the interwebs.

are you asking about the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system? if so then the answer is aldosterone into the blood.
Here is the break down steps: The liver and justaglomerular release angiotensinogen and renin, respectively, into the blood. Renin break the angiotensinogen to angiotensin 1; then, the enzyme ACE from endothelial cell break angiotensin 1 to angiotensin 2; angiotensin 2 stimulate the posterior pituatary to release ADH and stimulate the adrenal cortex to release aldosterone; ADH increase the reabsorption of the water to minimize fluid loss, to maintain plasma volume and arterial pressure. Aldosterone incresing Na+ reabsorption there by increasing water reabsorption too.

I just want to check. If there is missing information then feel free to correct me or add.
that's correct. well put.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol. what is confusing about that question.

do you know what the renin-angiotensin pathway is?

dude I love renin-angiotensin pathway... kk

Physio rulessssssssssssssssss

To the OP, don't be so sure that you know EVERYTHING. Again, you should know the renin-angio pathway, that's just basic renal shizzle.

woh woh woh. you guys all neded to really take a chill pill. all I was saying was that I know everything in science and if anyone has any quesitions they could ask. everyone doenst have to jump to attack me. its almost as if no one has anything to do and they are just waiting to pounce on anyone that knows a little more than they do. please guys have some respect for other people. thank you.

actually, it is called the: renin-angiotensin system in textbooks and wikipedia. but yes you got it. see, it wasn't worded funny at all. HE knew how to answer it, and that's exactly what I was looking for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renin-angiotensin_system

To the OP, don't be so sure that you know EVERYTHING. Again, you should know the renin-angio pathway, that's just basic renal shizzle.

This was basically the point of me asking the question.
You are naive to think that you know "everything." On the test when you come across a question you don't know, which I guarantee will happen, you will start panicing because your paradigm of 'knowing everything' has been smashed.
This is one of the problem with traditional methods of learning. Students don't know how to address their weaknesses and think critically.

This was basically the point of me asking the question.
You are naive to think that you know "everything." On the test when you come across a question you don't know, which I guarantee will happen, you will start panicing because your paradigm of 'knowing everything' has been smashed.
This is one of the problem with traditional methods of learning. Students don't know how to address their weaknesses and think critically.

actually, it would be a perilous mistake to begin to panic when one comes across a quesiton that they are not sure about. panicing gets you no where. what I would do is to cleverly eliminate obviously wrong anser choices and pick the best answer out of the remainig choices, and usually that will be the correct answer. hope that helps.

It is quite naive to believe you know EVERYTHING about the science section of a standardized test. They have license to ask you anything about genchem, ochem, and bio. The false belief of knowing everything could lead to panic when posed with a question that you do not know

i think that sounds like the smart thing to do. for RC you should DEFINITELY read the passage they give you and answer the questions.

in fact, for the entire test you should read what they give you and answer the questions. :laugh:

renin-angiotension system is the correct word, not worded funny. :) but it's not a big deal :D

you did a good job explaining what it does, but since u asked if there is anything missing, let me add a couple of things without answers(because I think u know the answers:))

1. it's true that antiotensin II can stimulate the release of ADH and aldosterone for K+secretion/Na+ reabsorption. What else does it do?
hint: it has something to do with filtration :D

2. what besides the answer for number 1 stimulate the release of renin?
hint: it's located at distibular convoluted tubule.

3. what does the answer for number 2 release when GFR is high?

<p>
i think that sounds like the smart thing to do. for RC you should DEFINITELY read the passage they give you and answer the questions.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>in fact, for the entire test you should read what they give you and answer the questions. <a href="http://edge.studentdoctor.net/images/smilies/laughy.gif" border="0" alt="" title="laughy" smilieid="13" class="inlineimg" />
my point is that everyones panicing and saying I got to study for the rc. what does that mean? do u read english? just read the passage and answer the q's. there's no studying for it. the science I could understand. there could be things u don't know. but the reading comp? just read the thing.

Last edited:
RC is tricky. Its not only that you need to read, you need to read fast... you need to read science, art, philosophy, music, etc articles with all their terminology. They make it so that you don't only have to know what you read but so that you make conclusions out of what you read. I had at least half of the 50 questions on my RC asking not what the article said (search and destroy) but what could be deduced from the information presented, e.g. which problems could you solve by using the article info.

It was quite intense.

It is not just usual reading. That is why it is called "reading comprehension"

I'd pay money to read this kids personal essay.

"hey prez at dental scools listen up. u should accep me. my science knoledge is amazing peece of cake. not sure if englis is reqwired but i a sciencegod."

Last edited:
I'd pay money to read this kids personal essay.

"hey prez at dental scools listen up. u should accep me. my science knoledge is amazing peece of cake. not sure if englis is reqwired but i a sciencegod."
you took the words right out of my mouth. :)

Last edited: