finished with my OAT

idr003

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just was looking for some comments on if i did good enough to maybe get into school. u can be harsh if you want because i know my scores didn't rock like some peoples on this forum. anyways, the test went good in all aspects besides the bio and im scared that this may cause me to have to retake it. im not sure what happened, whether it was the nerves of the first part of the test or just simplY questions i had never covered before. ok now my gpa is a 3.3 and i wanna go to Indiana, Southern, or UAB with those grades and my OAT scores alone, what are my chances?

QR 340
RC 380
BIO 270 <------told u it was bad, it makes no since compared to other
scores
GC 320
OC 350
PHY 320
TS 320
AA 330

Members don't see this ad.

It makes no since? I think you mean "it makes no sense."

Hey, you said we could be harsh! j/k
I'm paying extra attention to every little detail like that because I'm working on my essays for schools right now. That said, I'm sure I've made a mistake in this reply somewhere.

You're right, your scores look decent in everything except Biology. I think if you had a bit higher GPA, you could be a little more confident about getting an interview. You may still have a shot though. Just get your applications in early and call the admissions offices ASAP to see if you need to reschedule.

thanks byuidoc...you're right i did mean "sense". lol...im working on getting applied within the next week or two and i wish i would've already completed that process but i have been somewhat busy. im hoping on not having to take the test again because that would be such a drag with my overall score still being decent. maybe i can get an interview and will be asked about it and can come up with a good enough reason on why i did so poorly in that area

anyways, thanks for the comment...and i can just call the admissions office after i apply and they will tell me whether or not i should retake the test?

thanks byuidoc...you're right i did mean "sense". lol...im working on getting applied within the next week or two and i wish i would've already completed that process but i have been somewhat busy. im hoping on not having to take the test again because that would be such a drag with my overall score still being decent. maybe i can get an interview and will be asked about it and can come up with a good enough reason on why i did so poorly in that area

anyways, thanks for the comment...and i can just call the admissions office after i apply and they will tell me whether or not i should retake the test?

Yes, and that's the right spirit getting into an optometry profession. No one is perfect, and you'll likely make that waekest link your entering gate to the school with a good interview.