Finishing high school abroad - any chances to get into a pharmacy school here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sarastro

russian boy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
The fact is I finished high school in Russia, entered the university but didn't start and moved to USA, a few months ago. Then decided to go to the community college and maybe continue education in medicine or financing...so I was preparing for community college and suddenly one of my friends told me about six-year pharmacy programs for those who finished high school and want to get into pharmacy (because I really do love chemistry, biology). But, I think we don't have any six-year programs here, so I'm going to apply for east-coast colleges, such as Rutgers, Massachussets college of health...etc. My GPA is 3.6, evaluated into american system and I'm going to pass TOEFL and SAT...actually I took placement test in local college and succeded very well, higher than usually students do...but still I'm afraid of non-passing those two tests. And worrying about financial aid - I cannot afford the cost of the course and I need almost full coverage of it, maybe I can apply for some scholarships too, I don't know...and what about letters of recommendation - should I ask my teachers in Russia, then get them here and translate?? :confused:

So how d'you think - do I have any chances? :oops: (for six-year program, of course)

Members don't see this ad.

And I participated in different kinds of curricular and non-curricular activities - but there, in Russia, i don't know if they regard it or not. :(