Finishing in 5 years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hyperlite

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think i might have to go on the 4 1/2 or 5 year plan, do med schools care if you finish in 5 or 4 years?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I second that.

Definitely... no.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to concur with what everyone else says, NO

Medical schools evaluate the difficulty of your curriculum after the initial screening process. If you have taken fewer units per semester, your GPA will be seen as weaker than someone who took more units each semester and recieved the same GPA. However, if you are taking a normal number of units each semester then you should be fine.

I did undergrad in 5 years...they don't care if you finish in 3, 4, or 5 years.

No.

In fact, I hear from a lot of med students that they get pissed off a lot at the younger people in their classes. Immature, too goal-orientated, don't look at the bigger picture.. etc.

For 4 1/2 or 5 years, are you talking about extending preclinical?From all the schools I looked out, fourth year has enough wiggle room that it doesn't seem like clinical would ever take over 2 years.

I think he's talking about undergrad, seeing as this is pre-MD.

^LoL.

I'm glad someone posted a thread about this. I've been contemplating (sp?) doing the same thing. This would give me more time to get a minor or two, and an extra year for some extra curriculars. But the downside is the money, I go to a private school and that $hit costs some major dough. Just puttin in my 2 cents. :D