• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Finishing my Master's

niagra_falls

2+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2017
  1. Pre-Dental
Does anyone know if you are required to finish your master's once you've already been admitted to NYU?
I went into a master's program to raise my science GPA and to have something to do while waiting to ear back from schools. I ended up getting admitted to NYU. I have finished all the course work for the master's , I just need to finish writing my thesis and present it to my committee but the process is so long that I do not know if I will end up finishing it in time.

Can anyone tell me if they have gone through a similar experience ? does NYU require you to finish your master's degree or can you just drop it and start attending NYU ?

beyondme

5+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2014
  1. Pre-Dental
Does anyone know if you are required to finish your master's once you've already been admitted to NYU?
I went into a master's program to raise my science GPA and to have something to do while waiting to ear back from schools. I ended up getting admitted to NYU. I have finished all the course work for the master's , I just need to finish writing my thesis and present it to my committee but the process is so long that I do not know if I will end up finishing it in time.

Can anyone tell me if they have gone through a similar experience ? does NYU require you to finish your master's degree or can you just drop it and start attending NYU ?

The only people who will have an accurate answer for you is NYU themselves. But having done a Master’s myself, my personal take is that you owe it to yourself to get the degree, if possible. I remember feeling incredibly overwhelmed when I started writing my thesis. I had 6 weeks to get it done if I wanted to graduate on time. I didn’t think it’d be possible, but once I started and built momentum, it just flowed. Ultimately, it may not necessarily make you a better dentist, but since you’ve invested all this time and money, it only makes sense to try. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.