Finishing prereq at University of Houston Downtown

try1ng

2+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2018
  1. Pre-Dental
    Hi everyone,

I'm a pre-dent who is one year out of college. I got my bachelor's at Rice University and have finished all my prereqs except Orgo 2 which I plan to take July-August at University of Houston Downtown (4 year school).

My question is will dental schools regard UH Downtown as a bad school to take a prereq? Also, will dental schools think it's bad that I have not completed my prereqs despite being a year out of college?

I did want to take the class at UH Main Campus but they aren't offering Orgo 2 over the summer.

Last edited:

weaselodeath

2+ Year Member
    Jul 6, 2017
    1. Pre-Dental
      I don't think they'll care. UH is a good school, and the downtown campus is probably pretty much identical in difficulty to the main campus. They also do not mind if you are still completing your prereqs when you apply.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.