Finishing prereq at University of Houston Downtown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

try1ng

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a pre-dent who is one year out of college. I got my bachelor's at Rice University and have finished all my prereqs except Orgo 2 which I plan to take July-August at University of Houston Downtown (4 year school).

My question is will dental schools regard UH Downtown as a bad school to take a prereq? Also, will dental schools think it's bad that I have not completed my prereqs despite being a year out of college?

I did want to take the class at UH Main Campus but they aren't offering Orgo 2 over the summer.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wait, what is your question?
My question is will dental schools regard UH Downtown as a bad school to take a prereq? Also, will dental schools think it's bad that I have not completed my prereqs despite being a year out of college?

Sorry for being unclear!

I don't think they'll care. UH is a good school, and the downtown campus is probably pretty much identical in difficulty to the main campus. They also do not mind if you are still completing your prereqs when you apply.

Reactions: 1 user