Finishing Undergraduate Degree Online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted303591

I am finishing my electrical engineering degree online. If I have to do post-bacc and complete a bunch of pre-reqs for medical school after I finish my degree, will the online degree hurt me?

The only difference on the online degree is that instead of courses lasting an entire semester, they last half a semester, which will ultimately show on my transcript.

I also have gaps in enrollment and a bunch of Ws for entire semesters.

Members don't see this ad.

I think as long as the online degree is accredited you should be okay.

Just make sure you do well on the MCAT and have a competitive GPA from the post-bacc program.

Members don't see this ad :)
An undergraduate record this spotty will require more than an online degree and a post bac (even with a good MCAT) for an MD interview.

The gaps in enrollment and the withdrawals were due to serious medical issues.

I had two years where I was receiving plasmapheresis and IVIG due to autoimmune disease, which caused the gap in enrollment.

I am doing a lot better now and I think I may be eventually capable of medical school. My neurologist thinks so too.

The gaps in enrollment and the withdrawals were due to serious medical issues.
If the purported reason for this lack of success is resolved, and subsequent performance is excellent, interviews are possible.

Last edited by a moderator: