Fire Alarm during MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr_OneDay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the MCAT yesterday, and at my testing center, there was a routine fire alarm that started before the exam and ended 20 minutes after I started the Physical Sciences section of the exam. We were warned while we were checking in and given headphones, but the alarm was so loud that it went through the earphones.

How do I go about filing a complaint? I uploaded a document to AAMC MCAT registration, like you're supposed to, but it might not be received until my scores are come out. The alarm really distracted me, and I ran out of time in the PS section, which didn't happen to me on my first MCAT or on any of my practice exams. At the time, I didn't think that I did that badly, so I asked for my exam to be scored, but looking back, I'm doubting my decision and wondering if I should have just voided my exam instead.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel bad for you, I really do. That is really a bad thing to happen, you need to file a complaint. Email the buggers at the AAMC

Wow...this is like the only MCAT complaining thread that is actually justified.
On my old MCAT all my orgo pictures didn't come up (which on the old mcat orgo was half a section)

Got all my money back :)

Reactions: 1 user