Firecracker for Family Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThreeFiveZero

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody use firecracker through their family medicine rotation? If so what topics did you flag? and did you find it useful for the shelf? Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Been trying to figure this out for peds. There are only like 1 or 2 threads about Firecracker during M3 and that info came from a year ago when the program was older and had less updates than now. I'm considering going ahead and using it for peds along with UWorld and casefiles to see where that lands me. Since I'm not fully convinced that I want to do peds getting a HP or P wouldn't devastate me, so it may be a good time to try it out and see how it goes.

Hopefully there is somebody out there this year that has done a rotation and used FC who can chime in

Anybody use firecracker through their family medicine rotation? If so what topics did you flag? and did you find it useful for the shelf? Thanks guys!
Can't yet speak to its usefulness, but I basically just write down every issue I see a patient for, then flag that subject in FC. Also doing the AAFP questions and reading case files.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Been trying to figure this out for peds. There are only like 1 or 2 threads about Firecracker during M3 and that info came from a year ago when the program was older and had less updates than now. I'm considering going ahead and using it for peds along with UWorld and casefiles to see where that lands me. Since I'm not fully convinced that I want to do peds getting a HP or P wouldn't devastate me, so it may be a good time to try it out and see how it goes.

Hopefully there is somebody out there this year that has done a rotation and used FC who can chime in

I just took the peds shelf on friday and I should have my grade by monday or tuesday. The only resources I used were FC and Uworld. Well, I did dabble with case files and pretest but that was for like the first 2-3 days and then I realized that there was no way I could manage all those resources. Anyways, I did well on the NBMEs right before the test (98 and 90) so hopefully FC was sufficient for pulling it off on the test as well.

I have family med starting monday and my plan is to continue with FC and add in those AAFP questions. I think I'm gonna use case files and pretest as a guide for what topics to flag in FC. Hopefully it goes well.

I just took the peds shelf on friday and I should have my grade by monday or tuesday. The only resources I used were FC and Uworld. Well, I did dabble with case files and pretest but that was for like the first 2-3 days and then I realized that there was no way I could manage all those resources. Anyways, I did well on the NBMEs right before the test (98 and 90) so hopefully FC was sufficient for pulling it off on the test as well.

I have family med starting monday and my plan is to continue with FC and add in those AAFP questions. I think I'm gonna use case files and pretest as a guide for what topics to flag in FC. Hopefully it goes well.

Excellent info thank you! Let us know what you score on the real deal

So I ended up scoring at the 90th percentile on the shelf (my coordinator said the raw score was an 84 which equated to the 90th percentile). Either way that's an honors grade on the test at our spot. This was my 1st rotation of the year and I really only used firecracker and uworld.