firecracker vs kaplan vs lecturio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEDSTU0256

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to sign up an online qbanks and lectures videos that i can use along with my school lecture notes. Which of these would you guys recommend or found to be helpful in retaining materials once you have taken the course or in the process of it.

Members don't see this ad.

I want to sign up an online qbanks and lectures videos that i can use along with my school lecture notes. Which of these would you guys recommend or found to be helpful in retaining materials once you have taken the course or in the process of it.

are you referring to USMLE review lectures?
i used Kaplan, and i liked it.
Most of the online lectures require that you have a basic understanding of the concept.

So if you're using this as a study aid for your class.
Read a little before watching the video.

Good luck!

are you referring to USMLE review lectures?
i used Kaplan, and i liked it.
Most of the online lectures require that you have a basic understanding of the concept.

So if you're using this as a study aid for your class.
Read a little before watching the video.

Good luck!
I want something i can use as a study aide for my classes and also help me retain past courses information.

Members don't see this ad :)
i read some students use firecracker or lecturio as study aide for their classes, but not sure which one is better. so am asking if anyone have personal experience in using either of those programs.

i read some students use firecracker or lecturio as study aide for their classes, but not sure which one is better. so am asking if anyone have personal experience in using either of those programs.
I didn't discover the Kaplan videos until the last block of 2nd year while studying for step. I honestly wish I had known about and used them beginning in 1st year to supplement crappier lectures and concepts I found more difficult. Some are better than others, but overall I've liked them.

Firecracker is a huge time sink. Based on my experience with it I feel you need to pretty much start with it day 1 of first year and never let yourself fall behind. For flashcards I've really liked FlashFacts. It's been more helpful for Step prep than lecture material imho, but if I were to do things over I would start using FlashFacts at the beginning of second year instead during the latter half of the year.

Last edited:
If you want a promo code to sign up for Firecracker over the summer for pretty cheap let me know and I can send it your way.

Reactions: 1 users
Bumping this thread: has anyone been using Lecturio during the year and have any feedback? How does it correlate with USMLE material? I've been going through their embryology material and it seems to correlate well with my school, so I assume they're both following USMLE guidelines? Trying to decide if I want to bite the bullet and buy a subscription.

Lecturio is fire! helped me tremendously. Every single med topic you can think of, they have a vid on it. highly highly recommended.

Reactions: 1 user
I use lecturio and I love it..
The videos are clear and concise and provide just enough to understand what is important without being too heavy..
I got this 25%off discount to share after I paid for my subscription: lcLZh

Hope it helps..
Cheers