Firefox 4 and AMCAS Application Work Around

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thomasfx10

Medical Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Firefox 4 users. You might have had an issue logging into your AMCAS application.

Here is a workaround ... Go to Tools/Addons Search for "User Agent Switcher" to fool AMCAS into thinking you have IE8, allowing you to have access.

Once installed ... Restart Firefox and then go to Tools and Switch to IE8.

It appears to be working so far ...

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Oops ... I meant to post in the Premed MD forum ... Anyway ... it's good info for those filling out apps and trying to study for MCAT ...

Thanks! I was wondering about this. I am a Chrome user and so I got the browser incompatibility message when I tried to log on the AMCAS today. Good to know that Firefox works.

I could've used that info the other night when trying to figure out how to access it from my Mac. hahaha...thanks though...better late than pregnant! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just downloaded the older version of Firefox. It's worth it to me to use the older version until I'm done with the AMCAS. Nothing wrong with the older version--you were using it until a few weeks ago!!