1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

FIRST AID 2008/USMLERx + Goljan?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by radiodoc99, Jun 16, 2008.

1. radiodoc99

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi

I just took USMLE and used the FA and USMLERx combo. Did anyone else feel that the real exam was easier than Rx? The combo worked for me but I am not sure if I did enough questions.

I also liked Goljan Rapid Review. However, his book was wayy better than the audio. I think the USMLE took lines from both FA and Goljan!

I am now wondering if anyone has started to buy books for the Wards and Step 2?

what books have worked aside from FA, Boards and Wards?
    thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Monica Lewinsky

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    he was limited in his time in the audio, but it is still a great overview of the stuff in RR (good to use to reinforce what you read in RR when you can listen but not read)

4. GynGuy1983

GynGuy1983 C&A Psychiatry Fellow
    7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    FA actually gets its material from previous test takers. They send in some of the questions or material that was on their exam and the writers adjust accordingly.

I hear that Step Up to Step 2 is very good, as is the ubiquitous FA for Step 2.

I heard that USMLE Rx is a joke in terms of question difficulty compared to World. Why did you choose Rx over World in the first place?

5. radiodoc99

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hey thanks for the input

i choose Rx because it helped me cram FA and I didnt want to be all over the place. it worked out well, but i will look into UWorld next time. thanks!

whats the diff bet FA Wards and FA Step2?