FIRST AID 2008/USMLERx + Goljan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radiodoc99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I just took USMLE and used the FA and USMLERx combo. Did anyone else feel that the real exam was easier than Rx? The combo worked for me but I am not sure if I did enough questions.

I also liked Goljan Rapid Review. However, his book was wayy better than the audio. I think the USMLE took lines from both FA and Goljan!

I am now wondering if anyone has started to buy books for the Wards and Step 2?

what books have worked aside from FA, Boards and Wards?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

However, his book was wayy better than the audio. I think the USMLE took lines from both FA and Goljan!

he was limited in his time in the audio, but it is still a great overview of the stuff in RR (good to use to reinforce what you read in RR when you can listen but not read)

FA actually gets its material from previous test takers. They send in some of the questions or material that was on their exam and the writers adjust accordingly.

I hear that Step Up to Step 2 is very good, as is the ubiquitous FA for Step 2.

I heard that USMLE Rx is a joke in terms of question difficulty compared to World. Why did you choose Rx over World in the first place?

hey thanks for the input

i choose Rx because it helped me cram FA and I didnt want to be all over the place. it worked out well, but i will look into UWorld next time. thanks!

whats the diff bet FA Wards and FA Step2?