Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

First Aid Elective

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Hoosier77, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Hoosier77

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Has anybody taken this course? If so, was it fun or boring and should I be taking a more useful elective class such as spanish or computer science?

Thanks

2. han14tra

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I have taken both a basic first aid course and the EMT course. If you can stand cookbook medicine, go for it. If you plan to practice in an area where spanish is prevalent, I'd take spanish instead. First aid is very very basic, and won't help you much in med school.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DrYoda

DrYoda Space Cowboy
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I didn't take a college class in it, but I am certified in first aid among other things. Getting certified was boring as ****, basically sitting and watching ancient movies and then taking a test. It's not bad stuff to know though and I imagine the college would give you a little more for your money than an ancient movie.

4. 236116

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I took it, I loved it. Mine was CPR, AED, 1st aid. 3 credits and a gen ed. It's useful if you understand you probably won't need to use what you learn there- but if you ever do, you really really really will.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...