First Aid for Step 2 CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Question for those who have taken CS and used first aid:

I think i remember reading somewhere on SDN that the 31 cases with check lists were 90% of what you see on the actual exam (ie the same CC and same illnesses)

Is this true?

Also, is there anything else i should use to study for this exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Question for those who have taken CS and used first aid:

I think i remember reading somewhere on SDN that the 31 cases with check lists were 90% of what you see on the actual exam (ie the same CC and same illnesses)

Is this true?

Also, is there anything else i should use to study for this exam?

similar cases on the real thing, maybe even simpler.

no other books needed. first aid is more than enough.

How much time did you guys spend on this? My test is next week, but I'm out of town for the weekend at a wedding. I've been trying to study, but have been really distracted seeing old friends and the like. Anyway, is a solid 2 days of studying good enough? I will die if I fail this thing (OK, not really, but I won't graduate, and that will suck)......

Also, for a lot of the cases they have more than 5 ddx's and diagnostic studies listed. Does that mean we would have gotten credit for including any of the five?

How much time did you guys spend on this? My test is next week, but I'm out of town for the weekend at a wedding. I've been trying to study, but have been really distracted seeing old friends and the like. Anyway, is a solid 2 days of studying good enough? I will die if I fail this thing (OK, not really, but I won't graduate, and that will suck)......

Also, for a lot of the cases they have more than 5 ddx's and diagnostic studies listed. Does that mean we would have gotten credit for including any of the five?

If you spend ~5 days studying around 4-5 hours per, that is more than enough (unless you're an IMG or have poor English). You need to list at least 3 ddx from what I am hearing--on half of my cases I had exactly 3 ddx and I passed. Hope that helps. Oh, and just use FA CS.

best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, 4-5 hours a day for 5 days.....I'm going to try to cram that in to 3 days, hopefully that will be ok.....

Thanks for your input!

I totally agree with femto, just go through first aid and all its practice cases. Do try to practice the cases with a friend or anyone in a timed mode ;)