USMLE/COMLEX First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS - Save 20%

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrawHillMed

MH Medical Test Prep
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Save 20% off First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS

0071624252.jpeg

Trust the #1 selling USMLE Step 2 CS review book for the most thorough, score-boosting exam preparation possible!
The best USMLE Step 2 CS review got just got even better! The third edition of First Aid for the USMLE Step 2 CS has been updated based on feedback from US and international medical student test takers. This student-to-student guide thoroughly prepares you for frequently tested cases, including telephone exams, to ensure CS success.
  • 41 full-length practice cases that simulate the real exam – including all new pediatric and telephone interviews as well as suggested closing statements for each case
  • A revised and expanded set of minicases representing common complaints designed to help you rapidly develop a set of differential diagnoses
  • Time management advice to maximize your clinical encounters
  • Step-by-step strategies for interacting with standardized patients, including “difficult patients”
  • Detailed descriptions of high-yield physical exam maneuvers that will win you points without costing time
  • Proven study and exam strategies from students who passed
To order this book and save 20% off click here.
Offer good until February 5, 2010. Discount only applies to books ordered directly from McGraw-Hill website

:luck: McGraw-Hill Companies will be giving away one copy of this title to one lucky member! Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll admit that my greatest concern with CS is that this is a completely different beast from anything I've approached before. I've taken OSCEs but this sounds like something new and different.

It sounds like the book does a good job describing the clinical scenarios I might encounter and the different patient presentations, but to what degree does it address the non-academic aspects of the test? Such as what to expect on test day, how best to prepare for the exam, etc?

Does this book have a video companion?

Members don't see this ad :)
how does the quality and feedback of this book compare to FA Step I?

how does the quality and feedback of this book compare to FA Step I?

Dr. Le is an excellent series manager and he is involved the process of editing and developing almost all of the First Aid books ... so the quality is excellent across the board. As for feedback I have only heard good things but if anyone wants to chime in and tell us on this forum that would be great.

What are some of the improvements or changes made to this latest edition? Was it mostly updating information, creation of new material, or re-organization & re-formatting of existing content?

Thanks!

I have been a big fan of the other First Aid series, so I would imagine this book seems like a good CS review.

I was wondering if this book has a list of common pitfalls that students fall into that could lead to doing poorly on this exam.

How often is this book updated? I notice its title doesn't include the year like FA for Step 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.