First Aid NBDE or Kaplan NBDE for Part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WarLock

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys:

I started a little bit on First Aid NBDE part 1. Just going through the first 70 pages I have noticed quite a few mistakes. I am planning to switch back to Kaplan books. Are you guys finding the same thing that there are quite a few mistakes in the First Aid book? Can you do well with just reading the Kaplan Lecture material? Anybody with any information please reply as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

William

Members don't see this ad.

Hi William.. I am trying to use First Aid as well but started with biochem-physio. Would you mind telling me where you found some of the mistakes so that I may know if I just didn't catch them? How did you catch them by the way? Are they obvious mistakes or what?

Well I started only the Anatomy section and 70pages in I stopped. Especially the head and Neck section I knew well and thats how I caught the mistakes. The other sections I don't know too well and would have not caught the mistakes. Sorry if I couldn't be any help to your question

Well I started only the Anatomy section and 70pages in I stopped. Especially the head and Neck section I knew well and thats how I caught the mistakes. The other sections I don't know too well and would have not caught the mistakes. Sorry if I couldn't be any help to your question
i also just started with ana-nbde first aid but couldnt find any mistakes so could u plzz tell me where u found the mistakes. it would b really helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Warlock.. could you maybe just point one out to "molars" and me so that we can look at it too and just see what you mean. Thanks and good luck!

Well, For example, the PHaryngeal plexus should only include 9 and 10 but the text includes 9,10 and 11.

And the only muscle that abduct the larynx should be the Posterior cricoarytenoid muscle. But the text included the Lateral Cricoarytenoid as well.

Its little things like that. Hopefully this helps. I can find about 1 mistake in every 5 pages when I was doing the Anatomy section. I don't know if it is a big deal or not. Do you guys have the Kaplan lecture book as well?

Oh I see. Hmm.. well I haven't started Anatomy yet but I will def look into that! Yeah I have the kaplan review book as well. But it is vast

Well, For example, the PHaryngeal plexus should only include 9 and 10 but the text includes 9,10 and 11.

before saying its a mistake why dont you look it up in other sources, maybe you are making a mistake.