First Aid review book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hvitgris

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was going to purchase the new edition 2002, but then a friend of mine said i could have their 99 ed. Q: should i spend the money on the new one or not?

thank you for your responses.

Members don't see this ad.

YES! Buy the new one. I had the 2000 edition for my exam this past June, and I wished I'd waited for at least the 2001. I know the 2002 has many more color photos, much more information on leukemias and lymphomas, and several other additions that I don't remember right now. It's worth the extra money; the book's not that expensive to begin with.

Originally posted by Ludy
YES! Buy the new one. I had the 2000 edition for my exam this past June, and I wished I'd waited for at least the 2001. I know the 2002 has many more color photos, much more information on leukemias and lymphomas, and several other additions that I don't remember right now. It's worth the extra money; the book's not that expensive to begin with.

So, is the 2002 edition much better than 2001? I'm planning on buying a 2001 for about half the price of the newest edition... is the 2002 significantly different/better? Also, does anyone know when the 2003 comes out?

'01 is fine for now, get the '03 in march, I assume you will take the test next summer.

Jason

Members don't see this ad :)
hvitgris and Amy:

Buy the new one!

I would hate myself if I found out I missed a few questions on the exam that were covered in the most recent issue...

After all, an extra $15-30 isn't much compared to your $100K+ education.

I didn't compare the 2001 and 2002, although I heard that the 2002 has significantly more photos. Don't know about the amount of info in the text, though. If you're going to buy the 2003 anyway, then I would get the cheaper one. Otherwise, I'd pay extra for the 2002 now. It's not that expensive of a book; might as well pay $12 or so more to get the newest.