First Aid: spiral bound or 3 hole punched in binder?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should I spiral bind my First Aid or 3 hole punch it into a 3 ring binder?

• Total voters

StevensBibi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

I just wanted some feedback/advice on which method I should use to organize my First Aid book

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You're pre-medical?

Neither.

Reactions: 9 users
3 ring. You can take out a section and not carry the whole thing depending. And you can reorder it make photocopies etc better if it's not spiral bound.

You can add pages of notes in between sheets. Etc

No question 3 ring gives most options

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just let my FA come apart from the binding over the course of the year....wasn't sure which was falling apart more by the end, my FA or me.

But, I support spiral. My roommate spiraled his FA and it looked a lot cleaner and less bulky than a binder to me. I imagine those pages could tear easily from the binder holes too. It depends on your needs I guess. I liked having the whole book with me, I rarely felt the need to take out a chapter, so a binder wouldn't have helped me much. But if that's something you wanna do, then binder might be your best bet.

oh+my+god,+who+the+hell+cares.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

My friends and I cared enough to have a chat about it IRL and I read some threads on SDN some years back. And the med school had a handout that mentioned the idea of unbinding and methods of rebinding, and there was panel from upperclassmen on Step 1 study tips and it was mentioned.

So after the investment of a total of 20 min of my life re: First Aid binding I made a decision that gave me an experience satisfactory enough for 1 month of my life for arguably one of the most important tests of my career to recommend to others via a post I saw on SDN.

And then you cared enough to come to this thread and ask who cares.

Irony?

My friends and I cared enough to have a chat about it IRL and I read some threads on SDN some years back. And the med school had a handout that mentioned the idea of unbinding and methods of rebinding, and there was panel from upperclassmen on Step 1 study tips and it was mentioned.

So after the investment of a total of 20 min of my life re: First Aid binding I made a decision that gave me an experience satisfactory enough for 1 month of my life for arguably one of the most important tests of my career to recommend to others via a post I saw on SDN.

Irony?

I came here because this time is expendable to me. I'd be curious to see the data of whether the first aid in a binder or in a spiralbound made a difference in scores. I'm guessing it doesn't give a mother****

Last edited:

Irony?

If only we had those same upperclassemen to have a spiral notebook and take step one?! Who knows? they could have gotten 1500?!?!?!?!?!

3 hole = untucked scrubs and danskos

Spiral = tucked and nikes

Don't be sloppy out there. Get it spiral bound.

I'm untucked and nikes, bi-atch. 3 ringed. Sloppy as **** and loving it

Spiral or 3 hole is all about experience, and that isn't always what number you score

and are we talking about Step Prep or something else??
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

What's the benefit of getting it spiral bound over just leaving it as is? Does the spine start giving problems after a ton of use?