First Aid USMLE Step 1 Int'l vs. US edition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rukia013

Jeremiah 29:11-13
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently ordered First Aid off a third party seller on Amazon since it was cheaper than Amazon's going price and when I got the tracking info I found out that the book will be the international edition. I contacted the seller about this and they said that both the international and US editions are the exact same book.

Just wondering if this is truly the case or if I should return the book for a refund and just buy the more expensive (US edition) copy?

Members don't see this ad.

Step 1 is not a place to cut corners but that being said usually the only difference between the versions as long as it's the latest edition is the cover and page quality.

Reactions: 1 user
I know it may be the same content, but if he's intentionally posting the international version of a book under the US version I'd return it on principle. Misrepresentation is a lame way to collect the difference in price between markets. If you just mis-read his description I'd keep it and be glad that I got a cheaper version of the same book that isn't always easily available to us.

Reactions: 1 user