First board exam at the end of MSII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruck

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do you finish MSII at your school? And do you get any time off from school to study for the first board exam?

Members don't see this ad.

We finish May 21 w/ classes...Kaplan finishes on the 26th & I have boards on 14th so I have roughly 2.5 weeks till COMLEX. I then have 2 weeks after COMLEX till USMLE.

We could be done sooner, but the whiners in the class wanted our last class to add on to the end of the school year instead of coming back to finish it in July after everyone has taken boards.

Please include the name of your school as well. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Come on people. Please contribute to this thread.

I'm an MS-II at AZCOM, so here's the scoop......classes end May 11th, finals end May 18th (yes!!!!). My USMLE is scheduled for June 8th and my COMLEX is scheduled for June 12th. Then introduction to clerkship begins on June 18, followed by rotations begining on the 2nd of July. I just hope I can learn everything thing necessary to do well on the boards come June!

Best of luck on your board exams.

I'm an MS-II at AZCOM, so here's the scoop......classes end May 11th, finals end May 18th (yes!!!!). My USMLE is scheduled for June 8th and my COMLEX is scheduled for June 12th. Then introduction to clerkship begins on June 18, followed by rotations begining on the 2nd of July. I just hope I can learn everything thing necessary to do well on the boards come June!

COMP gets out May 10th. Start rotations June 25th. You have to have taken COMLEX before June 25th. That's it!

VCOM is finished with class on August 3. I take the board exam on August 30.

Where or "what" is the boards immersion boot camp and who offers it?
Tcom200901

http://boardsbootcamp.com/level1comlex.html

They offer multiple prep courses for COMLEX (they're fairly new). The Immersion program features a bunch of study material, a personalized study plan (after diagnostic exam) with supplied material, practice questions, and several full days of instruction in high-yield areas, culminating in a mock COMLEX exam. A bunch of my classmates are going with them for either the Immersion program or the Comprehensive program (don't know too much about that one). This year, the school decided to give everyone $400 to spend on board prep courses, as we saw fit (some going BBC, some Kaplan, some customizing their own from both/others); both BBC programs cost around $900. Figure I'll also get a month of Kaplan Q-bank as the test date draws near, for some extra practice.

PCOM

We finish for the year on May 4th and suppossedly that last trimester is "lighter" than normal.

Our first rotation starts June 11th, so I signed up for COMLEX on June 4th. I bought Boards Boot Camp Independent Study about a month ago, but haven't started it yet. I am also doing KAPLAN Q Review, should be plenty of material.....hopefully

Classes finish July 27.

USMLE: August 31

COMLEX: September 5

Most people seem to take it earlier in the summer. Why are you taking it later? is there an advantage in that (is there any disadvantages)? Sorry about the questions. I'm a pre-med and trying to figure things out. Thanks

Classes finish July 27.

USMLE: August 31

COMLEX: September 5

There's no advantage/disadvantage to when you take it, unless you try and take it before your second year classes are finished or during the middle of your 3rd year rotations. I'm taking it late b/c our classes finish late. You may wanna check out the USMLE/COMLEX forums. That's a more appropriate place to find info re: your question and other board questions.

Hi!
UNECOM finishes on June 1st. The last month of school is Capstone- which is a prep for clinical life... review of note writing and etc.

You can schedule your boards anytime you'd like I guess it goes from around beginning of June for a few month's after. Our rotations start in August. I am taking it beginning of July because I want to do nothing but review for a good month b/f I take it. The best advice I could give is #1- learn the stuff you do 1 & 2nd year. Sounds obvious but when you get in the binge and purge (for the brain) flow of how fast it goes, it becomes easy to just do enough to keep afloat. You'll be surprised how fast it comes at you! And #2- take your boards in enough time that some clinical sites for 3rd year have a requirement of when they need your score by to let you continue your rotations. So make the most of year 1 & 2 and keep deadlines in mind!
Good luck with your new adventure! It's not easy but it will all be worth it!!

~Momo :D

Also, as you go... keep all your class notes organized and together with note cards, etc. So that when you get ready to start your reviewing for boards, you can reference material you have on hand. Lots of professors gear their materials for board prep- so take advantage of their efforts.

Touro Nevada:

Done with our last block exam May 11th!!!

I take boards June 26th (we don't have to have them done before rotations start, I think we just have to have passed both sets to graduate?)

Rotations begin July 3rd.