First CDP PAT Test done - is this a good score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSD1984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This "morning" when I woke up (after sleeping for 12 hours after a HUGE anxiety attack last night), I obtained an "18" on my CDP Test #1, and it took me an extra 15 minutes to finish it since I didn't care to follow the timer this time around. Most sections were 11ish, except for Hole Punching which was 9.

Pattern-Folding I blatantly guessed on about 30%ish of them (I really can't see a LOT of what these structures are, it's insane to me).

TFE is COMPLETE "WTFFFF" to me. I have a general idea of what the dashes and lines represent, but I honestly have no ability to see these in 3D. The lines and dashes for the most part confuse me. I scored a 10 on this part.

I know absolutely no strategies for any of the PAT. I took this test just as a diagnostic really, and to see what I was supposed to do in each section. How's my score?

Members don't see this ad.

first tests are fine, really just something you have to get over and done with. i think i scored 7th percentile on orgo my first exam, and then got a 20 on the actually exam. practice PAT and math as much as possible (i did 10 individual exams each for them, + whatever was on the full practice tests) and did about 5 practice exams. do as many as you can and youll learn to answer the questions

edit- when are you scheduled to take it

first tests are fine, really just something you have to get over and done with. i think i scored 7th percentile on orgo my first exam, and then got a 20 on the actually exam. practice PAT and math as much as possible (i did 10 individual exams each for them, + whatever was on the full practice tests) and did about 5 practice exams. do as many as you can and youll learn to answer the questions

edit- when are you scheduled to take it

I appreciate the response. I'm scheduled for September 15th.