CaramelDlite

Academic Gangsta
10+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
To ease some of the anxiety associated with the verification process, I thought it would be fun to post a dream school thread. Which med school is you top choice/future school of attendance ::wink, wink:: ?? Mine is UPenn....despite the weather, I would love to go if I got in.

ChymeChancellor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
CaramelDlite said:
To ease some of the anxiety associated with the verification process, I thought it would be fun to post a dream school thread. Which med school is you top choice/future school of attendance ::wink, wink:: ?? Mine is UPenn....despite the weather, I would love to go if I got in.
Ross? :oops:

Wackie

Inappropriate, always
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2006
Home with the Armadillo
emt2doc.blogspot.com
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm torn between TCOM and UTSW. Torn only because of all of the horror stories about how stressed the students are at UTSW. But, the nicest friendliest doctor I've ever met went to UTSW. :confused:

jstuds_66

Free cat to a good home
10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
USA
Status
Attending Physician
UC Davis. California dreamin'

quanct

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Status
Ucla

ryandote

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2006
Status
Medical Student
The University of Utah would save me approximately $80,000 over the fours years of school, and I love all the professors I know in the Med School, but.....I'd turn it down in a heartbeat for an acceptance to UPenn or UCSF.

MinnyGophers

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
Status
Post Doc
University of Minnesota, my alma mater. I love the medical buildings here, and well, it's home. Also, we have two hospitals on campus, which is pretty neat.
I joke that if I got into an Ivy and the U of MN, I would pick the U of MN.

Severus

FTSM!
10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
teh OR
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Word to the mechanic...

well, there or Columbia.

eerapido

EagleEyes
10+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2006
Status
Medical Student
UAB baby!

sentrosi

INTARWEB USER
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2004
TEH INTARWEB
Status
Medical Student
It would have bee nice to have gotten into UCSD so I could be in my hometown. But other than that I was looking at Tufts or BU. And I just got off the waitlist for Tufts. Yay.

fleetgoddess

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
Medical Student
CaramelDlite said:

Despite the weather? I was going for philly's weather would be nicer than where I am from that gets more snow. Philly at leat gets the milder coastal climate. hehe ... Geeze lol I guess different perspectives lol. It doesn't snow nearly as much in philly as other areas of the us. :)

Rachael1285

Class of 2012! :)
10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2006
Terre Haute, IN
www.xanga.com
Status
Pre-Medical
WashU....big reach though....sigh...

Which is why I'm studying my butt off for the August MCAT.... :thumbdown:

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Hospital
Status
Resident [Any Field]
University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine!

ExKitty Doctor

10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2006
California Dreamin'
Status
Medical Student
My dream school is Dartmouth. I've read where its very friendly towards the students (ie-they don't torture the med students) and that there is a strong sense of camaraderie. If not there, I'd like to go to Tufts...

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
With my husband, my kids, and the hellcat
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Pitt. It's very ugly weather here. I advise everyone considering applying there to move on. The city's filled with smog. You'd really be happier somewhere else :thumbup: Leave Pitt for the natives...

dcolon_et06

Premed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Loyola Stricht Class of 2014?
-California is my home, Chicago is my heart
plus all my family is in chicago so it makes it that much better :)

10+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2005
Status
Medical Student
UTSW. top choice but realistically, i'd go where they take me. i don't have much a choice it seems.

joanofarc0907

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Pitt....

or maybe UCSF

but if it came down between the two....i might just have to take Pitt *gasp*

MasterMD

it's a smile on the rocks
10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
Status
Medical Student
UCSF.. will obviously never happen but that's where I have wanted to go for the past four years... i love SF and I want to stay in the bay area and give back to my community through med school and beyond... i wish they could see my honest desire to live for the bay area... *sigh* unfortunately my stats suck :(

Brookstacular

10+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2006
Seattle, WA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
University of Washington...nearby, in-state tuition, good school, accepts almost entirely from within the region...Hey...I could actually have a shot...

OP
CaramelDlite

CaramelDlite

Academic Gangsta
10+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
fleetgoddess said:
Despite the weather? I was going for philly's weather would be nicer than where I am from that gets more snow. Philly at leat gets the milder coastal climate. hehe ... Geeze lol I guess different perspectives lol. It doesn't snow nearly as much in philly as other areas of the us. :)

True. Well I'm from Texas and the first ime I saw snow was when I was 18, so its a lot to get used to. It is pretty though :)

geno2568

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Status
Pre-Medical
Ucsf

rpm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2005
Status
1st choice would be...NYU.

But I'll be happy going to any med school.

bearkat1

bearkat1
10+ Year Member
May 8, 2006
Status
Medical Student
university of Cincinnati... awesome peds program!

CheerfulEnergy

10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
The Hoosier State
Status
Three-way tie between Mayo, IU, & Case Western :D

fleetgoddess

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
Medical Student
MiesVanDerMom said:
Pitt. It's very ugly weather here. I advise everyone considering applying there to move on. The city's filled with smog. You'd really be happier somewhere else :thumbup: Leave Pitt for the natives...

hehe i'm from pittsburgh... I'm going to Vanderbilt.
I liked the idea of staying close. but Oakland is sooo ugly. I don't think i could live there in the winter it depresses me, but anyway that must just be me because plenty of people stay around. I went to college in the midwest and maybe I just have gotten to used to wide open spaces.
i know people who are really surprised how clean it is though. people think u shouldstill be able to get the black lung here.