First day of clinic today... nervous as hell.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yankpak786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So today was my official first day in clinic. Needless to say, I was pretty terrified. I had exposure before through general classes and people who showed me around, but I was never in a position to actually be a provider of care, I'm new to the electronic health system, just the overall experience, and the equipment and patients and what not, it's very overwhelming! I'm excited but also equally terrified.
st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u1.jpg

Any tips?

I haven't even drilled into my first patient's teeth yet and I'm already pretty shook by the whole experience lol. Any advice would be welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wait... You're just starting clinic [EDIT] this late as a D3? What school do you go to? Just curious...

You really just gotta be confident in what you're doing. Clearly, you are qualified enough to actually start giving care to real patients. I was also pretty nervous when I started clinic. The first patient is definitely the hardest (At least nervousness wise). You just have to know that you know what you're doing. I used to think that the patients were those little dummy things we practice procedures on which helped me. Now I'll be doing procedures no problem (at least nervousness wise). You'll get over it. After all, this will be your daily life once you graduate ;). +you have your Profs just a hop and a skip away from you to help you out :)

-Fyz

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait... You're just starting clinic [EDIT] this late as a D3? What school do you go to? Just curious...

You really just gotta be confident in what you're doing. Clearly, you are qualified enough to actually start giving care to real patients. I was also pretty nervous when I started clinic. The first patient is definitely the hardest (At least nervousness wise). You just have to know that you know what you're doing. I used to think that the patients were those little dummy things we practice procedures on which helped me. Now I'll be doing procedures no problem (at least nervousness wise). You'll get over it. After all, this will be your daily life once you graduate ;). +you have your Profs just a hop and a skip away from you to help you out :)

-Fyz

I'm assuming he/she is obviously starting summer clinic PRIOR to the fall of their D3 year as common sense would direct...