First few days at UHCO

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RJasonWks

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
I am a transfer student into the Optometry program at UHCO and I must say I love my new school! I'm not really getting to experience the full effect right now because I am only taking one course and one lab with my class (2005) and one 2nd year course. However, I do look forward to being in full swing with my class next year (minus a couple of 2nd year courses I take this year :p ). The only problem I'm having is missing the important announcements that seem to come up in the other course periods. I'm going to have to hire an "informant" to keep me up to speed. :)
Looking forward to the next few years!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Jason! Welcome! Where did you transfer from and what's the only class you're taking with our class? I'm just curious. Don't worry about missing anouncements. At least for the 2005 class we'll keep you up to speed.. and most of the important stuff is written up on the board in the lecture hall. (or emailed to our classes listserver) Glad to see you're here! :D

Hey cpw, thank you for the welcome! I transferred here from the one U.S. Optometry School not on the mainland, Puerto Rico. The one class I am taking this year is Optometry I and its lab. I am excited to be here!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, so you've already been through a year of this.. now I know who to come to with those optics problems we're going to tackle this semester. Dr Glasser scared the crud out of us about how difficult it was for last years class (presumably to make us study), but it worked for me. I've never been the best physics student.. but I've always been okay at math.. so hopefully that counts for something.

So, when you were in Puerto Rico did you have to take classes in Spanish? What was it like there? I know I'm full of questions but i've always been curious what it would be like to take classes there. I saw some people on the "other" optometry site asking questions about puert rico.

Hope you're having a good weekend! See ya tuesday in Opto!

Hi, I'm curious about the Optometry school in Puerto Rico too. Could you tell us more about it? How does it compare to the UHCO?

Sure! I'd be glad to tell you more about the school in PR or answer any questions you might have. Running a little behind this morning, but I will get back to you on that.

so, Jason.. where's that info on Puerto Rico you promised us. :) Inquiring minds want to know!

Man, I'm finding it so hard to concentrate on school with all this carnage going on on tv. I know I have exams in a week and half, but somehow the events of the last two days have made that not seem as important anymore. I guess it just puts things into perspective. It makes us realize how much we take our freedom and our lives for granted.

I hope all of you at the SUNY College of Optometry are well and your families and friends were not harmed in the attack. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all the residents of NYC and DC. If there's anything your collegues at other schools can do.. (other than give blood which I'm already doing) please let us know.