Delilah

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2004
178
0
Visit site
Status
So I've finally finished reviewing all the material (EK, some Kaplan). I've held off taking any full lengths besides the EK lecture exams and the PS section on 5R (which I got a 10 on). I got a 24 on my diagnostic 3 months ago (9PS 9VR and (gulp) 5BS). BS is my weakest.

My question is, am I in a dire situation because I've held of on taking a full-length in order to do a once thru? I'm nervous that I won't have enough time to devote on full-lengths. How will I make most efficient use of my time so that i land a 30+ on the test. Is it too little too late?
 

ADeadLois

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
3,158
6
Status
Medical Student
Delilah said:
So I've finally finished reviewing all the material (EK, some Kaplan). I've held off taking any full lengths besides the EK lecture exams and the PS section on 5R (which I got a 10 on). I got a 24 on my diagnostic 3 months ago (9PS 9VR and (gulp) 5BS). BS is my weakest.

My question is, am I in a dire situation because I've held of on taking a full-length in order to do a once thru? I'm nervous that I won't have enough time to devote on full-lengths. How will I make most efficient use of my time so that i land a 30+ on the test. Is it too little too late?
I wouldn't say you're in a dire situation since you still have a few weeks, but you need to start taking full-lengths right away. Full-lengths are essential because gauge your weakness and study progress. Part of the difficulty of the test is just making it through the day. If BS is your weakest section, then you NEED to take full-lengths under strict time conditions since it is the last section. Your brain will be fried on test day if you don't have the stamina.
 
About the Ads

EBI831

legend in the making
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2006
956
4
Chi-town royalty
Status
Medical Student
yes. you might as well give up now. hahah just kidding, "dire" is such a strong word. all i'd say is you're in no situation to get superexcited from a huge jump in scores. seeing as all your tests willl be after you've done all the material and within a short period from each other so excluding the jump from the diagnostic i'm guessing you won't decrease or increase your score much in the next 3 weeks unless you use these tests as pointers on what you need help on. so basically i'd say score differences will be based on content ie if you get a test with material you know really reallly well versus something you barely know. normally, i'd say super review after each full length but for the sake of time and need of practicing experience, i'd go into test turbo mode and take many many tests and limit mass reviewing to just once a week after you see what you are consistently missing. this is just a suggestion tho. you should be fine, no ambulance necessary.
 

lala83

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2006
412
0
Status
Medical Student
you're not doomed...and if you are, then i'm in huge trouble b/c i'm also in the same boat. i think there's still hope for us?
 

pufferfish

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
219
0
Rio
Status
there's huge hope for you. 3 weeks is a while. i haven't even hit 30 yet on a practice. just plan one day at a time. good luck.
 

lala83

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2006
412
0
Status
Medical Student
pufferfish said:
there's huge hope for you. 3 weeks is a while. i haven't even hit 30 yet on a practice. just plan one day at a time. good luck.
thanks pufferfish, you rock...sometimes a little encouragement helps a lot:)
 
OP
D

Delilah

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2004
178
0
Visit site
Status
I took kaplan full length 3 this AM after 3 hrs of sleep and got a 26 (7PS, 11V, 8BS).

I guess about 30% of the PS section b/c my timing was way off. I'm pleased about VR considering i havent taken a single practice verbal. My PS score was less than my diagnostic!!!

I can still gain 3+ points on my PS and BS, right? Is that an unrealistic expectation?

Strategy advice much appreciated.
 

xanthomondo

nom nom nom
Removed
10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2006
15,650
21
the island of Doctor Moreau
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Delilah said:
I took kaplan full length 3 this AM after 3 hrs of sleep and got a 26 (7PS, 11V, 8BS).

I guess about 30% of the PS section b/c my timing was way off. I'm pleased about VR considering i havent taken a single practice verbal. My PS score was less than my diagnostic!!!

I can still gain 3+ points on my PS and BS, right? Is that an unrealistic expectation?

Strategy advice much appreciated.
take AAMC, theyre much more accurate
 

AWK87DOC

All or Nothing!!!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 8, 2006
253
1
Status
Medical Student
Just took AAMC 3R, first full lenght, 30, only way to go is UP
 
About the Ads