First horrible quarter. Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChristineS19

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just completed my first quarter in college and I did horrible. Mainly in my chem class. I took "intro to chem" (it is like basic high school chem not the one required for med school.) It counts as an elective and is a pass or fail class. I felt like I really got the concepts, I just really struggled with the time pressure on the tests. I need advice if I should continue on with the chem series or wait. Will med schools look at my fail in intro to basic chem? I learned a lot this quarter about how different college is from high school. My advisor said I could take the next level in chem, but it is risky considering I didn't do well this quarter in chem.

Members don't see this ad.

Just make sure you crush CHEM 1&2 (and all other pre med classes) and you'll be fine. This will show med schools that something external may have happened that wasn't within you're ability to control (bad teacher/or just some anomaly).