1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

First Interview (at UK) and U Louisville news

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by RainaNoelle, Dec 5, 2001.

1. RainaNoelle

RainaNoelle Member
    7+ Year Member

Well, I *finally* have my first interview!! It's at U. Kentucky, on January 12th. I also finally got U. Cincinnati to acknowledge receiving my completed application yesterday. :) Hopefully more interviews will come soon. :)

I also visited U. Louisville on 11/30, and that went pretty well. They have a really cool new simulated patient lab that just opened in October. For those interested, Libby Sklare is no longer in charge of admissions (the 30th was her last day). She is now in charge of admissions for the grad school. For the time being, Pam Osbourne (sp? I'd have to look up the correct spelling to be sure) is covering for her. She said that they have already filled 65% of their 2002 entering class, and will probably have 70% filled by the end of the year. She also said they will have a big reject pile going out the end of December, so if you make it past that it'll give you a better idea where you stand. Anyway, I wanted to let everyone know the news.

Wish me luck on the 12th!! :D

Raina

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Medical123

Medical123 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Congratulations on your interview at UK! I still have not heard anything from any school I have applied to yet and I am getting very nervous! I was just wondering how long it took you to hear from UK after your application was complete? I hope your interview goes well! Good luck!

4. KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member

Congrats rainanoelle!
    If you want in at U of L, I just sent them a rejection letter this week so there is one more opening. ;)

Medical 123: why don't you contact kim scott and ask her where you are in the UK app process? She is incredibly helpful and gets back with an answer quick.

5. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

That's cool, Raina. Good luck, and hopefully we'll be seeing you in the fall. :)

6. Medical123

Medical123 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks KyGrl! If I don't hear something soon, I will give them a call and see what they have to say!

7. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

8. RainaNoelle

RainaNoelle Member
    7+ Year Member

She just meant if you survived that batch of rejects, you'd know you were still in the running (and not at the bottom of the heap)...

Sooo...if you're asking that question, I'm guessing you are still in it! Congrats and best of luck! :D

Raina

9. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the reply! I guess I will just keep my fingers crossed!