Oct 22, 2014
Status
Dentist
Hello guys..

I would really appreciate some help with my upcoming interview for an AEGD position.. I have never been to a residency interview before so excuse me if my concerns sound silly..

1) I am currently working on a idea for a paper and I am done with the literature review and such and planning do the clinical part with a resident in OMFS as the idea falls into that realm. However, this is not published or anything.. just something under development.. Now during the interview, do you think it is okay to bring this up?! I have no other research/publications in my CV so I feel a little bare here and want to show them that I am not lazy and I am working on "stuff". Which also brings me to my other question; during dental school I did a lot of presentations and research papers as assignments, do you include those in your CV?! I didn't write them in my CV thinking that since those are not published anywhere and are part of my school assignments to graduate, they don't count.. Am I right in this thinking? Should I bring them up in the interview and explain why I didn't include them in the CV, or that would be even worse?!

NB I am foreign trained dentist so please bear that in mind..

2) When they ask where do you see yourself in 5 years, is it good or bad to say that you are still undecided about the choice of specialty? What are generally the pit falls in answering this question.

Thanks

Newgoalsdentdoc

7+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2010
Status
Dentist
Hello guys..

I would really appreciate some help with my upcoming interview for an AEGD position.. I have never been to a residency interview before so excuse me if my concerns sound silly..

1) I am currently working on a idea for a paper and I am done with the literature review and such and planning do the clinical part with a resident in OMFS as the idea falls into that realm. However, this is not published or anything.. just something under development.. Now during the interview, do you think it is okay to bring this up?! I have no other research/publications in my CV so I feel a little bare here and want to show them that I am not lazy and I am working on "stuff". Which also brings me to my other question; during dental school I did a lot of presentations and research papers as assignments, do you include those in your CV?! I didn't write them in my CV thinking that since those are not published anywhere and are part of my school assignments to graduate, they don't count.. Am I right in this thinking? Should I bring them up in the interview and explain why I didn't include them in the CV, or that would be even worse?!

NB I am foreign trained dentist so please bear that in mind..

2) When they ask where do you see yourself in 5 years, is it good or bad to say that you are still undecided about the choice of specialty? What are generally the pit falls in answering this question.

Thanks
Hi. I just saw your post. Send me an email and I will send you some tips that I am sharing with people on doing interviews for residencies. I taught residents in NY and would be glad to offer some advice. You sound a bit nervous, lol. Any way, my email address is [email protected].

Reactions: Mystery_Tooth