first interview tomorrow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boathouse34

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my first interview tomorrow! I am totally nervous but looking forward to posting feedback when I am done :)

Anyone else interview yet who had a great time and can calm me down? I keep trying to remind myself they are not looking for a superhero, just me. that sounds so cliche. I hope I don't get this nervous for every single one!

Members don't see this ad.

boathouse34 said:
I have my first interview tomorrow! I am totally nervous but looking forward to posting feedback when I am done :)

Anyone else interview yet who had a great time and can calm me down? I keep trying to remind myself they are not looking for a superhero, just me. that sounds so cliche. I hope I don't get this nervous for every single one!

i had my first interview today and it went well. not stressful at all. just remember that they are trying to impress you and sell the school to you as much as you are trying to sell yourself to them. just relax and be yourself. If you're faced with a tough question dont' be afraid to acknowledge, "that's a great question, I've never thought about it from that perspective..." and then give your answer. It'll give you a second to think and you'll be fine. Good luck tomorrow!

Try to look at your interview as an adventure. You are getting to visit a new city, meet new people, learn all about the school, and prove to them that you are dedicated to medicine and sincerely interested in their school. And always remember this: you are going to spend the entire interview discussing the one subject that you know better than anyone else on this entire planet: you. Give 'em hell, kid. :luck: