First Major Media Use Of CRNA "Study": Atlanta Journal Constitution

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coastie

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to AJC, CRNA = MD(A), and they use the newly minted "study" by the AANA to prove it.

http://www.ajc.com/jobs/masters-of-sleep-578537.html

ASA, please respond. Please stand up to these wannabe noctors who want to destroy medicine.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

laughable article.. basically the crnas are cheaper argument is the most assinine angle.. nobody wants cheap. people want the best. the gold standard and thats physician anesthesiologist. The article is ridiculous. ANd that chick is playing roulette over there at the plastic surgeons office. ANy,and I mean any serious complications.. and that plastic surgeon and crna will be in deep doo doo. the plaintiffs attorney will just ask why there wasnt an anesthesiologist available or why wasnt the patient afforded a choice. plain and simple.

ANy,and I mean any serious complications.. and that plastic surgeon and crna will be in deep doo doo. the plaintiffs attorney will just ask why there wasnt an anesthesiologist available or why wasnt the patient afforded a choice. plain and simple.

Yeah, their propaganda is ridiculous. Anyway - just curious - in the event of a code, who runs it - the CRNA or the plastic surgeon? I'm sure the RN has never "run" a code, and i'd be willing to bet the plastics guy hasn't run one since his intern year (if even then).

Members don't see this ad :)
That article -- or should I say press release -- was ridiculous! Good for the AANA though. Who needs to fund a PAC when you can have the mainstream media write one-sided propaganda for you?

The trouble is, that they are getting the propaganda out unopposed by us. No one in the powers that be will look at who puts it out as a bias point. The powers that be will look at this as research done by "experts" in the field of anesthesia ("hey, the AANA backed the study, the *must* know what they are doing, and we haven't heard anything from the anesthesiologists, so it must be true.") Our inactivity is all they need to minimize or eliminate our specialty, through this type of propaganda swaying public and political opinion against us.

There needs to be more aggressive work done on our part to get the information out that CRNAs aren't the alpha-omega of anesthesia, and in some times, can be risky. It has to be done in language that is accessible to the public and the political for comprehension.

The only reason they are cheaper is the liability issue isn't there. When (not if) they are held liable as independent practicioners, they will not be as cost effective.

First off, lets find out the name of the plastic surgeon who hired this scumbag CRNA and let him know that the CRNA thinks he's the captain of the ship and calls all the shots in the OR.

Then they can fire his ****in ass.

First off, lets find out the name of the plastic surgeon who hired this scumbag CRNA and let him know that the CRNA thinks he's the captain of the ship and calls all the shots in the OR.

Then they can fire his ****in ass.

The surgeon uses CRNA's for his own private OR. Kinda hard to fire him from his own practice.

Although clearly not the best option, it's very common for plastic surgeons to use CRNA's like this all over the country.

We will see more and more of those types of publications - clearly the propaganda media are brainwashing the population ( I do not have enough respect for those voting left to call them people) in order to prepare the population to the results of healthcare "reform" and whatever is prepared to make the population happier by the salvation party next.

I don't understand why the lobby for CRNA's is more powerful (at least seemingly) than the ASA.

Why can't we batten down the hatches and fight aggressively?
Sitting back and assuming that people will come around sounds exceptionally dangerous to me.

I don't understand why the lobby for CRNA's is more powerful (at least seemingly) than the ASA.

Why can't we batten down the hatches and fight aggressively?
Sitting back and assuming that people will come around sounds exceptionally dangerous to me.

It is NOT more powerful. It's agenda has the acceptance of the powerful.

Because nurses are indoctrinated from day 1 to be dues-paying members and they cultivate an oppressed underdog mentality. CRNA schools have AANA membership fees built into the tuition. If a residency program tried to mandate ASAPAC donations there'd be a revolution.

Also, nursely demands are better received by the public because nurses care and rich greedy doctors are hated almost as much as greasy lawyers and oil company executives.

Because nurses are indoctrinated from day 1 to be dues-paying members and they cultivate an oppressed underdog mentality. CRNA schools have AANA membership fees built into the tuition. If a residency program tried to mandate ASAPAC donations there'd be a revolution.

Also, nursely demands are better received by the public because nurses care and rich greedy doctors are hated almost as much as greasy lawyers and oil company executives.

It is NOT more powerful. It's agenda has the acceptance of the powerful.

These points.:thumbup:

Again, we need to be more aggressive in getting corrected data out. This is going to keep getting worse until our data falls on ears deafened by this propaganda. And unfortunately, those deaf ears belong to people that lay down laws.

Exactly. It's hard to get a sympathetic ear making 350k.