first osteo interview!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barton

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got the letter from KCOM. I am psyched (except about the 10 hour drive and missing 2 days of class)!!! They didn't give me a date; I have to call monday and schedule. Does anyone know approximately when they are scheduling for currently (i.e. October, November, December, etc.)? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Barton, congrats....they are currently filling up Oct. and Nov. but OCt. may be full (I haven't looked in about a week)....You can fly TWA straight into Kirksville, did you know that? A little advice, be careful once you get into southern Iowa/northern MO. There are several amish communities and I have come close to smashing into the back of a few wagons. Perhaps I should stop being in such a hurry....See you when you get here....let me know what date you end up with. I put on some of your tours and answer Q's at lunch depending on the date. (I am a second year...) mhc

Thanks. I will be driving to Kirksville. I go to school in madison (10 hrs. away), but I will probably be driving down from Rochester, MN (hometown), which is only about 6-7 hrs. away. Do you know which days of the week kcom interviews? i don't think i'll be able to come until nov. anyway. i have exams, papers, and interviews up the wazoo in october. I'll call and schedule on Tuesday, and update this when I have a date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Barton,

CONGRATS!! :D

I'm heading there for an interview this monday. I'll tell you how it goes.

Hey MilleniumHC, I'll see you there!

Barton,

Congratulations and best of luck to you!! Remember, once you get an invite to KCOM, you have passed all the academic hurdles. Now, YES or NO is dependent upon how well you conduct yourself in your interviews. However, RELAX -- this is a place where they truly wish to see the real you (not the you who drinks beer and watches football sitting on the couch on Sunday)...just be yourself. And, above all else, be friendly to everyone! They value that very highly!

;)

Thanks to all for your support and congrats. I just called and scheduled my interview for Monday Oct. 29th. They did offer me dates as soon as this coming friday (oct. 12th), but my schedule wouldn't allow it. So... Anyone else have this date?? Hope to see ya there!!

Congrats, guys! Listen to OMD--KCOM interviews differently from other schools. If you are invited for an interview, you have already passed the interview committee at least once. Your interview is a final determination of your "fit" at KCOM. More important at KCOM than intellignece is attitude, sincerity, and motivation. You passed the intelligence test or else you wouldn't have been invited. Now stress to your interviewer what makes you DIFFERENT. Be comfortable, be yourself, and, above all, be honest! They will overlook mistakes and nervousness if they can see the real you: I accidentally said to my PhD interviewer, "Oh, your just a PhD." That elicited quite the response! However, she could tell that I was nervous and slipped my tongue, so she obviously overlooked it--I guess since I am here! Have fun on your trip and enjoy this time!

P.S.--Come with questions; they'll expect them and you shouldn't be unprepared!

Hi Dave and John....can I just take a break from this topic to say....I hope that your being on this a lot (DAve) means that I should really be looking forward to next year! Hey, why aren't you in New jersey?? I noticed that you went to Saginaw??? see ya later. M