First Practice Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RollSkins

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I took my first practice test (the free one from AMCAS) today other than the Kaplan Diagnostic (22) and I scored a 28. I am pretty happy with the score. I still have about a month left until I take the real thing (June 15) so I feel pretty confident that I can bring up my score by then. I plan on taking all the AAMC practice tests and studying with Exam Krackers (I haven't finished the books yet so that hurt me) Do you think that >30 is a reasonable jump in that amount of time? To be honest I would be happy with any score that starts with a 3, well unless it is just a 3. Anyway just wanted some imput.

Members don't see this ad.

Well I took my first practice test (the free one from AMCAS) today other than the Kaplan Diagnostic (22) and I scored a 28. I am pretty happy with the score. I still have about a month left until I take the real thing (June 15) so I feel pretty confident that I can bring up my score by then. I plan on taking all the AAMC practice tests and studying with Exam Krackers (I haven't finished the books yet so that hurt me) Do you think that >30 is a reasonable jump in that amount of time? To be honest I would be happy with any score that starts with a 3, well unless it is just a 3. Anyway just wanted some imput.

u got enuff time to do it, but cbt 3 is the easiest one, and with only a month left u need to be doing 2 aamcs a week. after each one highlight the weakpoints, look it over for 2-3 days, then take the next one of the week.

Good job.

Also, I disagree with the 3R being easiest. I got a 29 on it, 30 on 9R (the only other AAMC test I took), and 32 on the real thing.

So, as I mentioned above, I had a 29 on the same test and ended up with a 32 - and I also took 3 R at MOST a month before the actual test (I'm thinking maybe even more like 2 weeks before the test date). So yes, it's reasonable to hope for a 30+ at this point.

Thanks thats definetly encouraging. I feel pretty confident I just wanted to see what everyone elses experience was like. My score breakdown was pretty even so I guess thats good.

Kaplan 9 BS 8VR 5PS
AAMC 3 - 10BS 9 VR 9 PS

My physical sciences came up so I am pretty stoked about that. When I took the kaplan test it had been like two years since I had even thought about G-Chem or Physics

Members don't see this ad :)
I m in the same boat as you, i just got done reviewing all the EK books and i took cbt 3 yesterday. 9vr 10bs 9ps. I had taken 6 before that and I got 10vr 10ps and 9ps so i definitely dont think 3 is all that easy. Anyway i m at the stage right now where I figure getting the test taking skills down is the best bet because I made dumb mistakes. what do you guys think?

Well it is reasurring to see that there are other people in the same boat as I am. From what I have heard from everyone is that the test taking skills will definetly boost your score, but I guess I will figure that out on my own as I go through the practice tests.