First rejection!! All right, keep 'em comin'!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barton

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all. Just got my first rejection letter today (from one of my state schools, no less!), and I thought I'd let everyone know I'm joining the club. They didn't even interview me! Woooohoooo!!! Here's to all y'all receiving thin envelopes in the mail.

Members don't see this ad.

If I don't get in this year, I am getting another tattoo. I don't care what my husband has to say about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry Barton, you'll get interviews soon...

Beached whale - LOL - mind sharing what you would get tattooed if, god forbid, you didn't get in this year? ALso, what is your current tattoo of? I know I'm being nosy, but you can't blame a guy for being curious!

How 'bout the AMCAS phone number for quick reference next year? ;)

barton, do you mind posting which school it was?
My rejections:

CWR
SUNY Downstate

I'm willing to bet Barton got rejected from the University of Minnesota-Duluth. Well Barton, You're not alone! I got my regection from Duluth yesterday, and just to keep it company I got my rejection notice from Pritzker today. Man, I must really suck! I didn't really mind duluth (rural focus, and I've never lived in a city with less than a million people in it), but Pritzker kinda hit home. I have one more interview on Monday, but after that nothing to look forward to :( !!!

I'm eagerly awaiting my rejection letter from Pritzker too. They haven't called me on the phone, so it's either that or the alternate list. UVA wait-listed me today too. I think I would rather be rejected than be on the alternate list

Racergirl: What day did you interview at Pritzker? I was there on September 6th. I thought I was going to get accepted there, especially since I just happened to know all about a gene that my interviewer had discovered. (<-- total coincidence) But I haven't gotten the phone call like everyone else. :I

racergirl hit it on the head. Duluth, I salute you!! I don't mind so much about this individual rejection (I have 4 other interviews), it's just that with any rejection I start to worry about how i'm perceived at other schools.

Racergirl:
Are you a MN resident? We seem to be applying to a lot of the same schools. I guess your pritzker rejection means mine's on the way. :D

Docj, did I say I interviewed at Pritzker??
No! I didn't even get that far, so you must be significantly less sucky than me! My app made a quick trip to the round file!

Barton, Yep, I'm a Minnesota resident. I interviewed at U od MN-TC on Oct 5, and have my Iowa interview this Monday. The Iowa invite is my only ray of hope/proof that I'm not a total complete loser at this point. I'm not sure how I made their cut as an out of stater. My MCAT scores are high, but my GPA sucks. The GPA has a huge upward trend, but this year I think a lot of schools aren't even noticing that. I applied to MCW as you did, but so far have heard nothing. Expecting the thin envelope from them any day now. You've got an interview there coming up, right? That's awesome--good luck!

I would have rather been rejected earlier and saved a little time and money. I think you take it a little more personally when they reject you after meeting you. I thought my interview was awesome, too. Of course, I still haven't heard officially from them.

med school is overrated anyway. i just dropped out last week. if u have some big doubts, NOW is the time to discover them.....don't wait until u r in med school like i did.......what a dumb thing to do. i wasted a lot of time. hope that makes all u guys who don't get in feel better.

snow

ZUH!?

For real? What happened?

Jargon - thats a good question, maybe I'll get a tattoo of a bull's eyes on my lower back so the doctors know where to put the epidural :)... no, I'd treat myself to something much nicer, like a dragonfly or "screw you AMCAS" written in sandscript (I'd tell every one it read "peace be with you" or something like that). I actually have two tattoos - one of a gecko on my back, and a grapvine around my upper right arm. My husband says I am "bohemian enough". LOL.

I've sent in all my rejection fees too people, but no word yet. At least you get an envelope at Pritzker...UT/ Memphis sends a post card so even the mailman knows you suck.

Originally posted by Slingblade the Surgeon:
•I've sent in all my rejection fees too people, but no word yet. At least you get an envelope at Pritzker...UT/ Memphis sends a post card so even the mailman knows you suck.•

ACK! I gues I should have been thankful for the envelope. A postcard?! Now that's down right rude!