First rejection :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toxin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got a letter from Northwestern and they dont want me :( ....I am starting to doubt the quality of my application , I just hope that I will land an interview somewhere ...need some emotional support peeps :(

Members don't see this ad.

Let me be the first to invite you to the Wall of Shame Thread. You'll have lots of company!

did it show up on the status page that they made a decision? before you got the letter. I've been waiting to hear from them since i've been complete since August and nada, i think i've gotten the boot as well. Chin up! Come join the wall.

Members don't see this ad :)
toxin said:
Just got a letter from Northwestern and they dont want me :( ....I am starting to doubt the quality of my application , I just hope that I will land an interview somewhere ...need some emotional support peeps :(

i'm sorry but are you serious? northwestern is a really TOUGH school to get into. i'm sure your app is quality. dont worry that one school didn't think so. many others will. if not i promise you a money back guarantee. i take that back i haven't seen your app. but i'm sure its solid. hang in there.
-mota

I've got one rejection under my belt, but I really hope I get into NU/Feinberg. :oops:

toxin said:

Hang in there Toxin! I've already received 13 rejections :( It's easier said than done but we gotta think positive! Something good will happen in the end!!

toxin said:

Just tell yourself you didn't really want to go there anyhow, and move on. It is the atypical applicant, however strong, that gets in everywhere. But if a single rejection makes you doubt the quality of your application you may need a reality check -- there are possibly tons of people out there applying with stats at least as good as yours, many will be even better, so up your humility a bit. Med school is not a guaranty for many - It is the extremely rare applicant who simply waltzes into med school without any difficulty or stress, and that school usually would have to bear his family name.

FictionalGirl said:
did it show up on the status page that they made a decision? before you got the letter. I've been waiting to hear from them since i've been complete since August and nada, i think i've gotten the boot as well. Chin up! Come join the wall.

I would like to know too!

Hey, Toxin, try to be more positive. Even the best applicants get rejected from somewhere!

I've got about 4 rejections so far, and I haven't heard from a lot of schools at all, so realize that we're all in this together and you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince.

This process is really fluid. Most applicants recieve alot of "thin envelopes" before they recieve an acceptance. Just keep going at it, if your persistent; one school has to give you a shot.

I was just rejected from NW as well, they didn't update the status page, just sent a letter. NW is a tough school to get into as the above poster said, so don't let it get you down.

My page wasnt updated either..just got a letter. Thanks for the support everyone, its just that my situation is really complicated thats why I am concerned. I just hope I land one interview ...well got 11 more schools to go :)

sorry for the rejections!! :( That's O.K. just hope for the best with the other schools and keep hope alive. Don't lose your confidence just keep your head up to the sky because it's the limit. :love:

Don't feel to sad, OP. The first one is the hardest and I think rejections come quicker than acceptances...but most people get rejected somewhere. I hope this is your only one.

sorry. I meant don't feel too bad. :laugh:

toxin said:
I'm so sorry. Just to let you know Northwestern seems to taje a lot of their own state applicants. I got rejected from there last year and yet got into a lot of great schools. Don't give up hope; I'm sure you'll get your interviews soon. Are you an August MCATer?

toxin said:
I'm so sorry. Just to let you know Northwestern seems to taje a lot of their own state applicants. I got rejected from there last year and yet got into a lot of great schools. Don't give up hope; I'm sure you'll get your interviews soon. Are you an August MCATer?

Psycho Doctor said:

believe it or not, NW shows NO MERCY, i mean, no preference to their in-state applicants, the whole country is on equal footing w/ NW! so, don't feel bad about this being your first rejection, it was mine too! i was totally expecting it to tell you the truth because i am not super MDAPPLICANT profile person. don't let it get you down :rolleyes:

Don't worry too much about one rejection. The process is random, and really, one shouldn't read too far into a single rejection. In the long run, you only need one acceptance to become a doctor :)

Kleintje said:
I would like to know too!

Nothing changed on my status page. I was surprised to see the letter on Saturday.

Hang in there Toxin!! NW is an incredibly crazy school. No reflection on you alright? :p

TimmyTheWonderD said:
believe it or not, NW shows NO MERCY, i mean, no preference to their in-state applicants, the whole country is on equal footing w/ NW! so, don't feel bad about this being your first rejection, it was mine too! i was totally expecting it to tell you the truth because i am not super MDAPPLICANT profile person. don't let it get you down :rolleyes:
oh i was told they did care. :eek: so i now feel more insulted they didn't want me :D