First round of acceptances still coming out for UCSF tomorrow?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StevenRF

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's hoping for the best christmas present I could get! :smuggrin: Did they push it back to Jan 15 like they were hinting at?

Members don't see this ad.

when i interviewed there during the last week of October, they said that we wouldn't hear until Jan... But then one of my friends who interviewed there recently said that the adcom was meeting in December... So i'm confused too.. they wouldn't meet in Dec and then just wait until Jan to tell us would they?!

I am PRAYING that they'll start with the notifications tomorrow. I'm gonna be sitting anxiously by my phone...do they even call???

ANd I don't get it. Has the admissions committee not met yet? My interview was in october, did they not meet at all since then? are my interviewers going to remember me? do you guys even know if the interviewers are on a committee? AHH ALL THOSE QUESTIONS...

I heart UCSF...I really really do.

Members don't see this ad :)
At my interview right before Thanksgiving they said that the first notifications would be going out via snail mail on December 15th and then monthly on the 15th thereafter until April.

:luck: :luck: :luck:

So I called the UCSF AdCom office today. They said that acceptances will go out tmmrw!!!!! But the lady I talked to seem kinda clueless and didn't know what was going on. Bc she kept saying the 15th of each month and I kept asking ...starting December or January. And she finally came back and said DECEMBER.

HERE'S TO TOMORROW....

I wonder if we hear via mail or phone call and mail....

OH MY GOSH I AM SOOOOOOOOOO ANXIOUS YOU GUYS!

I was there during one of the first interview days so I'm hoping whatever they decide, I get something in the mail by Saturday. (maybe Monday). THis would be the BEST christmas EVER.
Now, they're only sending acceptances right? no waitlists or rejections...so I really hope I get something..
you guys, seriously, i'm so nervous about this.
Good luck to you all!!!!

coco said:
OH MY GOSH I AM SOOOOOOOOOO ANXIOUS YOU GUYS!

I was there during one of the first interview days so I'm hoping whatever they decide, I get something in the mail by Saturday. (maybe Monday). THis would be the BEST christmas EVER.
Now, they're only sending acceptances right? no waitlists or rejections...so I really hope I get something..
you guys, seriously, i'm so nervous about this.
Good luck to you all!!!!

I bet you will hear in the next few days and that you will GET IN! I am going to die of excitement when the first person hears. I dont even care that it won't be me - I just know how happy that person is going to be.

No, they don't call, and yes, I believe all the interviewers are on the admissions committee. They write up their letter right after talking to you (before looking at your file) so I'm sure they will remember you or at least the letter will speak for itself.

I am not expecting to hear bc I interviewed beginning of November but I would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy if I did. Good luck to everyone and post as soon as you hear!

My interviewer was unusually candid about their process - which was great. But basically, he warned that you can definitely not-hear for a while... everyone gets scored and put in a rank order, and the very top get immediately accepted while the rest are "high priority" ... you can be high priority and stay high priority for months, and still get in. So don't freak if you don't hear right away is the message, and GOOD LUCK!

I didn't interview until early this month so I dont expect to hear until Feb at the earliest... but I'm positively in LOVE with UCSF... and would cry and possibly spontaneously develop the ability to fly should I get in (out-of-state). Just saying....

Hrm... so the mailing address that UCSF has on file is my PO Box at my school, but i'm going to be flying back home Saturday morning. do you think i can call UCSF tomorrow and ask if i got in?? G'luck everyone!!

Hmmm...December 16th has come and gone and nothing in the mail from UCSF. Let's see if anything arrives today