First semester - any surprises?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Billie

An Oldie but a Goodie...
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
To all the first year med students (and any 2nd years remembering their first semester), had anything surprised you that you didn't expect about med school, either positive or negative?

For me, I think I was surprised on how "do-able" everything is. Sure it is a lot of time and stress, but nothing I haven't had before. Yet at times I was surprised on how boring things were. Sitting in a classroom for several hours a day...whew! That took some time to get used to.

All of you have some Great Holidays! See you next semester!
smile.gif

Billie

Members don't see this ad.

It was stressful at first, getting the anatomy out of the way. We stressed and stressed but after it's all over, looking back, it's actually not bad (even though I wouldn't want to do it again). Being in class from 8-5pm pretty much everyday was not totally fun and left you with so little time to study. Oh well, this quarter is so much better. And the OTM stuff is getting more interesting.

Billie said:
Hi everybody!
To all the first year med students (and any 2nd years remembering their first semester), had anything surprised you that you didn't expect about med school, either positive or negative?

For me, I think I was surprised on how "do-able" everything is. Sure it is a lot of time and stress, but nothing I haven't had before. Yet at times I was surprised on how boring things were. Sitting in a classroom for several hours a day...whew! That took some time to get used to.

All of you have some Great Holidays! See you next semester!
smile.gif

Billie

i cant find that webpage?? what the heck man...