Quantcast

First semester done!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scotties123

GrandMacDaddy
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Now as long as I didnt get below a 40% on the genetics final I had today, I have survived the first semester. Its funny tho because it's been so obvious how everyones work ethic has been steadily declining since thanksgiving break. Congrats to anyone else that is done, and to those that are still going at it, YOU'RE ALMOST DONE! Now to drink away a semester's worth of information and then spend the next month trying to re-learn it for step I.

soonereng

Double Trouble
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to anyone else that is done, and to those that are still going at it, YOU'RE ALMOST DONE!

It doesn't feel like I'm almost done when I've got 4 tests next week. It feels like an eternity. But hopefully I will arrive at that fateful destination known as the Friday afternoon of the third test block which commences winter break...all two weeks of it.

coldweatherblue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
we have 5 written exams and 2 practicals next week. awesome. :D enjoy that break you lucky man!

Vonsmack

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now to drink away a semester's worth of information and then spend the next month trying to re-learn it for step I.

Congrats on getting through finals, I'm envious (we got one more week to go). I hate being nit-picky, but why on this green earth would you study during your Christmas break of your first year for step I?? I mean you are free to do whatever you want with your free time, but you just studied like crazy for your finals- you think going it over again will help you for a test you'll take in 18 months!? Relax, enjoy your break, have fun!

scotties123

GrandMacDaddy
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting through finals, I'm envious (we got one more week to go). I hate being nit-picky, but why on this green earth would you study during your Christmas break of your first year for step I?? I mean you are free to do whatever you want with your free time, but you just studied like crazy for your finals- you think going it over again will help you for a test you'll take in 18 months!? Relax, enjoy your break, have fun!
i dont plan on 10 hour study days but my chill life is mostly nightlife. i get pretty bored just sitting around all day so i figure ill hit the gym, bs around a little, and thro in a few hours a day just reviewing main points.

Spookster831

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lucky... I still have four exams next week. :(. Oh well at least I have two done.

Concubine

PDE5 inhibited
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Done as well. I sooooo need the 1 month recharge.

gluon999

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't be an uber gunner and study for Step 1 now. :thumbdown:

ACSurgeon

Acute Care Surgeon
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i dont plan on 10 hour study days but my chill life is mostly nightlife. i get pretty bored just sitting around all day so i figure ill hit the gym, bs around a little, and thro in a few hours a day just reviewing main points.

Well, just remember that only a very small portion of step 1 tests on first year material. Also, if you knew something "well enough" during the fall of 2008, how much good will reviewing it during the winter of 2008 do for your boards that you'll be taking in the summer of 2010?!

The vast vast majority of the step1 is on second year stuff anyway. With that said, I am not planning on openning any books over winter break, and step1 is only 7 months away for me.

meister

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Studying for step 1 during first year winter break? Don't be a ****** man. Step 1 will ask like 5 questions on pure anatomy anyway.

Why don't you just sit back, relax, drink some beer and enjoy a couple football games with your family?

scotties123

GrandMacDaddy
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think me saying im going to be studying is going to end up like every other "how will i better myself" idea lol. usually starts great, might even go thru with it for a few days, then i quickly say screw it.​

rachmoninov3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
congrats on passing your first semester. Now enjoy the few days you have because shortly after you sober up, you'll realize how BORED and hyperactive med school makes you when all of a sudden you have no massive amount of crap to learn.:scared:
Believe me, you'll be eager for next semester to start.