First Semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhyn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I know you see a lot of these, but for some reason I can't help but post my own.

I just finished my first semester at Washington U. in St. Louis, and got a 3.22 cumulative gpa. My science gpa was exactly 3.0. The low science gpa was due to a C in the general chemistry course.

I know these grades aren't HORRIBLE, but I know they aren't good. I suppose I was just adjusting to college life at a pretty rigorous place. I'm posting because I need to be offered some perspective about how this affects my future with med school apps.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I know you see a lot of these, but for some reason I can't help but post my own.

I just finished my first semester at Washington U. in St. Louis, and got a 3.22 cumulative gpa. My science gpa was exactly 3.0. The low science gpa was due to a C in the general chemistry course.

I know these grades aren't HORRIBLE, but I know they aren't good. I suppose I was just adjusting to college life at a pretty rigorous place. I'm posting because I need to be offered some perspective about how this affects my future with med school apps.

Thanks.

your a smart kid im sure do the math
1 bad/average v.s 7 more hopefully good semesters -.-
dont panic.. get laid.. and drink some booze.. party a bit..
so stop panicking or else you'll burn out

Your future apps are still quite a while away, so you don't need to worry about them saying "So I saw you made a C in gen chem a few weeks ago..."

Now you've set a good point to start that upward trend! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone else offer perspective, please? Thank you to those who already did.

Can anyone else offer perspective, please? Thank you to those who already did.

Can anyone else offer perspective, please? Thank you to those who already did!

Oops, sorry about the multi-post. I don't know what happened there.

Last edited: