First Submission: How Many Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndlyon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying during the current (2012) cycle, and I am retaking my MCAT July 6th. My first MCAT was not acceptable for MD schools but okay for DO schools (less than 30), and so for obvious reasons I am taking the time to study and break the magical 30 mark. My AAMCAS and AACOMAS primary applications will be ready to go June 1, but I am unsure as to how many schools I should put on the application originally: all or only one/two?

My current MD list reads about as follows: Rosalind Franklin, SLU, Creighton, Loyola, Drexel, Jefferson, Temple, Rush, Tulane, UMDNJ, USUHS, Colorado (instate), and Loma Linda.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd probably just do one if you have absolutely no chance of ever getting an interview with your current score and then pile on more as your new score comes back. If you might have a shot at some places (i.e., your "less than 30" is a 28 or 29) consider adding them immediately instead of waiting.

I will be applying during the current (2012) cycle, and I am retaking my MCAT July 6th. My first MCAT was not acceptable for MD schools but okay for DO schools (less than 30), and so for obvious reasons I am taking the time to study and break the magical 30 mark. My AAMCAS and AACOMAS primary applications will be ready to go June 1, but I am unsure as to how many schools I should put on the application originally: all or only one/two?

My current MD list reads about as follows: Rosalind Franklin, SLU, Creighton, Loyola, Drexel, Jefferson, Temple, Rush, Tulane, UMDNJ, USUHS, Colorado (instate), and Loma Linda.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

What is your current score? Some of the schools on there interview at 28+.

Members don't see this ad :)